Hello from Kansas!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

DoggieMama

Hello from Kansas!

Post by DoggieMama »

Hello, my name is Michelle and I am new to the forum! However, I have used Victoria's puppy training book to train our first dog, Leo.

I have two children, Leo and Marie Antoinette. Leo, our Bassett Hound x Yellow Lab, is my husband's buddy even though I wanted him when I seen him. I brought him home and he took to my husband like a duck to water. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes. Leo is a very loving and funny dog to watch. He has the energy, coloring, long body and face of the yellow lab and legs, stamina and personality of the bassett. He is very smart and easy to train. I trained him to sit pretty, lay, sit, leave it, amongst other things.

Marie Antoinette is my Maltese x Coton de Tulear and is the newest addition to our family as of this past Friday. She was my birthday present after, my son convinced me to go to the pet store. I have ALWAYS wanted a Maltese. My mother has one and I absolutely love hers! I seen Marie there in the cage and it was love at first site! I went home and researched the Coton de Tulears. I liked what I read and in addition with the Maltese, I thought that she would be a very good addition and loving pet with the right positive training! I called the pet store and told them I would be there to pick her up the following day and PLEASE don't sell her. I already had her name picked out that evening before getting her. I named her Marie because, the Cotons hail from Madagascar, and it was a French Colony until the 1960's. So I picked something with a French connection.

I look forward to posting and learning on how to become a better pet owner from fellow loving pet owners! :D
Attachments
My husband's buddy, Leo, bassett hound x yellow lab.
My husband's buddy, Leo, bassett hound x yellow lab.
People 068.jpg (111.89 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
My Maltese x Coton de Tulear, Marie Antoinette.
My Maltese x Coton de Tulear, Marie Antoinette.
HPIM2658a.JPG (63.41 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
wvvdiup1

Re: Hello from Kansas!

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hello and welcome to the forums, DoggieMama! :D Your dogs are absolutely gorgeous! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown