Never too old to learn.

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

footsieb

Never too old to learn.

Post by footsieb »

I just thought I'd introduce myself before I get carried away with questions, comments, etc.

I'm a retired senior citizen with an equally retired senior husband. Life without our critters would be dismal. I currently am owned by my third Labrador - 6 years old - (one chocolate and two black) while my husband is owned and possessed by our first pug - a 6 month old puppy. There have been several mixed breeds - all in the over 60 pound range - mixed in with the labs. Our household is dominated by two exotic shorthair housecats - a 13 year old female and a 7 year old male.

When Penny, the lab, arrived, she was a 3 year old rescue stray. The foster home she was in assured us that she was cat friendly and potty trained, our two main criteria. Should have checked out her ability for walking on a loose leash. Training on that was delayed due to several medical problems. We're working on that now.

Sammi, was a 10 week old pup. Not the first pup, but the first small breed. Potty training went fairly well and there have been no accidents for about a month, now. Walking on leash - well, she's a pug and walks a 6 ft. retired mechanic in pretty good health. Need I say more. The cats have trained her, sort of. The older one, Sassy, just sits and spits at her. No swatting. The younger one, Herbie, used to run from her - not good. Lately, he just jumps to the nearest high spot

I am sure I will be posting plenty of questions, re Sammi. I sure hope some are answerable.
Wicket

Re: Never too old to learn.

Post by Wicket »

Welcome to the forums, footsieb!
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hello and welcome to the forums, Footsieb! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Welcome to the forum! We'd love to see some pictures of your dogs!
--dontpugme
troop

Post by troop »

hello im new to