Hi from Colorado!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

gracesong

Hi from Colorado!

Post by gracesong »

Hi, my name is Gracesong, and I come from the mile-High City, otherwise known as Denver.
Currently, our family has a one-year-old Bichon named Daisy, whom I love with all my heart and soul.
When I'm not at home, I'm studying at my university of choice to either become a family and marriage counselor or social worker.
Music is my passion, though, and if it could pay the bills, I'd study it in a heart beat.

I believe animals have so much to teach us, and one can learn a lot about a person just by watching how they treat animals. Personally, Daisy has taught me the importance of being a good leader, one who leads through inspiration and by example, not by harshness or degradation.
She also continues to inspire me to love more fully, teaching me to set aside my own frustrations so I may better communicate with those I love.

Well, that's it for now, and I look forward to dialoguing with you all very soon! :)
wvvdiup1

Re: Hi from Colorado!

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Welcome to the forums, Gracesong! :D What you've said about your dog, Daisy, teaching you the lessons you've learned about animals in general is what I believe brings all of us here together, because we feel the same way! :D

Good luck in college and I hope you succeed in your endeavors! :D

Again, welcome to the forums! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Hey, welcome to the forums!!!
--dontpugme
HunniBunni

Post by HunniBunni »

Hello Grace, welcome to the forums. You profession endeavor is admirable. I used to know a lady who was a Social Worker. She relied upon her furry friends as therapy from it at times. I wish you the best.
gracesong

Post by gracesong »

Yeah, once I get into the field, I'm definitely getting myself a pet or two, or three. lol
Hopefully, my future guide dog will help mitigate some of the stress in the workplace and elsewhere. Though, it sure wouldn't hurt to have a few cats and dogs waiting at home either. :)
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Hi and welcome :D
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

Hello!
Tuggernaut

Post by Tuggernaut »

Hello gracesong! welcome to the forum.