Hello from Delaware!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

REParker

Hello from Delaware!

Post by REParker »

I have a big problem with my roommate's dog! She is moving in a month, and is moving to an apartment, and can't keep him. I love him, and so does my 10 year old daughter. He loves her too, and we have a big yard, so overall it would be better for him to stay with us. But he has crazy separation anxiety, and I don't know if I can deal with his whining! It's constant whenever he is alone. He has a kennel outside where he goes on nice days and when I go for walks, I put him in there, and you can hear him for a looooong time. Our neighbors put up with it because they love my roommate, she's lived here a long time, but I just moved in, and I'm taking over her lease when she moves out, so chances are, they aren't going to take it from me! I don't want the poor dog to go to a shelter, he is so sweet, but he has been through a LOT of owners, so he is super needy. I don't know how to help him! Any suggestions?
HunniBunni

Re: Hello from Delaware!

Post by HunniBunni »

Hi there. Welcome to the forums! You may want to repost in the Dog Training Advice area with the following info:
Details we like include how long your dog is left for, how much exercise they get each day and what form of exercise this is, what training you have done and what training do you do on a daily/weekly basis. What your dog is fed on and when, what breed/breed mix your dog is. What the problem is and when that problem occurs, who your dog lives with and interacts with regularly.
I think it will be more visible there, where people can help you. Best of luck. :)