New from Massachusetts, USA

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ISRLNE

New from Massachusetts, USA

Post by ISRLNE »

Hello.
I joined this forum after searching on the Web how I might reach Ms. Stilwell with a question about a person who used her name as a referral. I had no idea she was practically a trademark. So, no email address seems to be available.

Since I have signed up, signed on, and started to explore this forum, I thought I'd do the introduction as well.

My husband gave me an Irish Setter as a gift when we got married in 1969. Of course, this goes against the wisdom that one shouldn't give a puppy as a surprise present. It does seem to have worked out in our case, as I still have the husband, and I still love, own, breed and show Irish Setters. A sense of humor and tolerance seems to have helped in both relationships.

These beautiful dogs have graced my life for 41 years. In that time we have explored obedience, field trials, AKC hunt tests, rally obedience, show conformation, dog photography, dog clubs, international dog shows and travel and, no doubt, a lot of other activities. I love to watch Irish in Agility, Flyball, Scent Hurdles, and Freestyle, but I never found the time or the mentor to get me started. I have studied my chosen breed, its history, conformation and health issues through the years. I've been a member of the Irish Setter Club of America since 1970.

About 30 years ago, at the instigation of my veterinarian, I started to become the point person to contact whenever an Irish Setter needed help. I shared my breed knowledge and common sense training advice with many novice Irish Setter owners. That progressed for me to a greater involvement in Irish Setter rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption activities.

So, hello to all. Be very careful of yourselves and your dogs in this oppressive summer heat. Lots of clear, cool water and fans for everyone!
Noobs

Re: New from Massachusetts, USA

Post by Noobs »

Welcome to the forum!
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Welcome to the forum!!!!
--dontpugme
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Welcome to the forums! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
HunniBunni

Post by HunniBunni »

Welcome to the forums. It sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with a beautiful breed. I love to hear of people working with rescue and adoption efforts. So many dogs need good homes. :) So thank you for that!