Hello from the Blue Ridge Mountains

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

clancysollynikki

Hello from the Blue Ridge Mountains

Post by clancysollynikki »

I'm Chris and I moved from Oakland, CA to this rural mountain community about 4-1/2 years ago when I retired. I had promised my dogs a creek or a pond of their own to play in and found a place with both.

Clancy, Solly and Nikki have all passed at this point but for 8 years they were my "Awesome Threesome", "My Three Sons" or "The Three Stooges", depending on how well they were behaving at any given point in time. Shortly after arriving here I got involved in my local Humane Society and the world of animal rescue. I'm not sure how many dogs I've fostered over the years but I would guess maybe 50 or more. I am currently down to just two dogs of my own, from a high of 6, and am also taking a break from fostering (dogs) but still have one horse in foster care who has been with me for 2 years.

I've seen for myself the power of positive training coupled with patience when I had a foster who was extremely dog aggressive when she came out of the local pound. Thee was little change for 8 months but when it finally clicked in her brain that maybe those other dogs were not so awful she made wonderful progress in a few months and could go to adoption events which led to a great forever home for her.

I'd heard wonderful things about Victoria but only broke down and got TV a month ago and I think she is as wonderful as others had said. After seeing the special episode of her working with Atlanta PAWS I found this board and joined up.
***Melissa***

Re: Hello from the Blue Ridge Mountains

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Hi, and welcome :D
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Welcome to the forums. Your home sounds lovely. We'd love to see some piccies of the two in the creek! :D
--dontpugme
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

Welcome :D