Ciao from Italy!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

france89

Ciao from Italy!

Post by france89 »

:D Hello everyone!

I'm new to these boards my name is Francesca, and I am a huge fan of Victoria(like everyone of you haha)! :) Anyways I am a huge animal lover. I love each and every single animal out there. It has been years that I have been dreaming to get a dog, but I allways wanted to be a responsible owner so I allways wanted to wait the best moment possible. My boyfriend, and I started to watch Victoria's show I think around a year ago. We where both amazed how well she taught the dogs, making me becoming obbsessed over dogs. I want to know everything possible!

We are going to adopt a puppy in January. For alot of people that is a long time from now, but for me it is soooo close! We are planning on getting a German Shepherd Dog. I have found that the breed is perfect for my personality. I have become a huge fan! I love the working lines I find them truely beautiful from the inside, and out. I have been reading books, watching Vitcoria on television, reading magazines, reading websites, and ect...ect...,but I never found anyone that could "talk" to me about my future adoption. I live in Italy, and my mother language is English so it is hard to find people to talk to me about this! :D :D :D
Doglover42

Re: Ciao from Italy!

Post by Doglover42 »

Ciao Francesca!
It’s molto bello to have you here!
Wow a GSD how nice, well if you have any questions just ask away by the way are you looking for a specific age of GSD?
:D ~Deshani
france89

Post by france89 »

Hey Deshani! 8) It's nice to meet you! I'm planning on getting a puppy, so I will start imediatly to train her. I'm not going get an adult dog at the moment (one day I will), because I have a few cats(my cats never had anything to do with dogs there whole life, so there will be some "training" for them too!) and I want to make shure that he grows up around cats. One day when I will have more experience with dogs I am going to rescue an older dogs!
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

Aww a puppy that will be a fun learning experience!!
:lol: oh no I hope your cats get along with the future pup! We wouldn’t want the cats to run away every time they see a dog :)
Ooo you’re going to be a rescuer? I want to try fostering dogs but I fear I would get too attached.. :?
france89

Post by france89 »

I hope that they will get along! It took a loooooonnnnng time for my older cat to get use to my younger cat, now they are the best of friends allways cleaning each other, and playing!! I wonder if they will accept the dog? I have the most calmest cats in the world, so I am optimistic :) ! Do you have any cats? I want to rescue a few dogs when I will go out in the country side to live one day (I have a nice yard in the city, and I love walking all the time but I still want to wait to live in the middle of the nature before having more than one dog.). I will never be able to foster! I will get too attached also! I have saved lots of stray cats in my life, but I have stoped because lots of strays suffer from diseases, and it makes me feel terribly sad.
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

Aaaw how many cats do you have?
Well they don't sound like they'll be scared by a dog but it will take a lot of getting used to especially when the dog grows!!
I don't have any cats right now but I used to a loooong time ago :lol:
Fostering seems to hard but rescuing just sounds amazing plus not all fosters get adopted :(
I know that makes me so so sad as well!