Hi from Connecticut/Need help with my two JRT's

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

GllntKnight

Hi from Connecticut/Need help with my two JRT's

Post by GllntKnight »

The female has no recall and the male chases cars. What can I do? By the way I am disabled.

I foumd it interesting on one of the shows about the poop fence, we've had various dogs over the past 25 years and have never picked up the poop yet we don't even notice it (we have 4+ acres.)
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. ~Author Unknown

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner
emmabeth

Re: Hi from Connecticut/Need help with my two JRT's

Post by emmabeth »

Sorry your intro post got knocked down the forum a bit!

Most people don't have that much land - I bet if I had that much I wouldnt poo pick either.. but I have in comparison, a titchy little postage stamp of a garden (its big in comparison to most of the gardens nearby... but tiny compared to yours).
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Noobs

Re: Hi from Connecticut/Need help with my two JRT's

Post by Noobs »

Ahhh if I had 4+ acres I wouldn't pick up poop either. :D

Check out this post for your recall issue and see if it helps: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6364
If you have anything specific apart from what is in that post, then feel free to ask in the Dog Training Advice section.

Here's an item in the articles section that Fundog wrote about curing car chasing: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5110
Again, if you have a specific question apart from that, ask away!

Also, if you run down your dogs' daily routine it would be helpful to anyone who would come on here and reply to your post: !) How old are they? 2) what/when/how much are they fed? 3) how much physical exercise do they get? 4) how much mental exercise do they get (training, mind games).