Hello from Central Texas

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Catahoulagal

Hello from Central Texas

Post by Catahoulagal »

I have been around dogs and horses most of my life and have been training professionally for the past 11 years. I currently have four dogs who are my pride and joy.

Hondo is a 8 year old Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog he is a tough dog, with an independent mind and tends to be a bit sassy. He taught me so much about positive training, and about listening to the dog. He is my heart dog who loves to be by my side. He has competed and done well in Rally Obedience and knows more tricks than I can list. He didn't much like Freestyle, it was like dancing with my husband, he was only doing it because I really wanted it. Much to his relief Chula loves Freestyle.

Chula is a 5 year old lab mix that Hondo found when she was a puppy. She was in a desk drawer on the side of the road for the city chipper to pick up. She is a very lively dog that loves to work. We had a problem keeping her in the yard, so up went privacy fences that she can still jump. We found the sport of weight pull and she loves it. She is now titled with the UKC and will be getting her championship in July. She has pulled 2025 pounds, it's crazy but she loves it. She is also in training for Rally-O and Freestyle.

Quihi is a 4 year old Chihuahua. She is the diva in her own mind and very prissy. She does a ton of tricks but really doesn't like the show ring. She just loves hanging around doing tricks and supervising my work on the computer.

Pitiful Pearle is a 2 year old Chihuahua. She's a trip and loves the Nina Ottosson puzzles. She cracks us up working them. She is getting a good amount of tricks down and is working on her Rally skills. She is full of spunk and loves children. She was found walking the streets at 10 weeks old. Covered with demodex mange and hairless. She was to be put down so I took her in. She is a 10 lb love bug and now has a beautiful black coat.

All of my dogs go to work a few times a week and help out by showing students what the end product should look like. Many times we use them to help us socialize other dogs.
Karen proud owner of:
Hondo, Chula, Quihi and Pitiful Pearle
***Melissa***

Re: Hello from Central Texas

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Hi and welcome :D
Your dogs sound like they have a wonderful life! Thanx for sharing their stories
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

Hi! :D
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

These forums are such a nice relief from the scalding Texas summer.
--dontpugme