Bonjour from Paris !

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

sarahjayne

Bonjour from Paris !

Post by sarahjayne »

Hello Everyone,
I found this site and signed on yesterday. Since I have spent a few hours reading and reading :D I've read lots of really interesting things.
I am of English nationality but have lived in France since 1982.
For the past 7 years I've been working as a massage therapist in the Four seasons hotel spa in Paris.
I grew up in the English country side with dogs and other animals around me so have always been an animal lover.
For about a year and a half I've been doing a distance learning training course of essential oil therapy for animals with Nayana Morag (essentially animals) I also did a weeks on site course with her in the heart of the Cotswolds which was a wonderful experience.
Also last August I began another training course in france with Maïorga Josselin (mon chien ma dit) Behaviorist and dog trainer course (ethological and non violent method). I'm about half way through and i find it absolutely fantastic. This is what I want to do one day soon :D To help people to have a better understanding of thier canine friends and to help them solve problems that are very often just a misunderstanding but that can really make life a nightmare for all concerned. :D
Well I'm really pleased to become part of the positively community and look forward to reading more :D :D :D
Salomé

Re: Bonjour from Paris !

Post by Salomé »

Welcome SarahJayne!

I grew up between England and France, but living mostly in Paris. I even graduated from HS there before coming to the US for further education and eventually staying here.

What's the "ethological" method precisely? I understand it's a non-violent, positive training method but I've never heard the term "ethological" in the context of dogs.

What sorts of dogs do you have? I'd love to see photos. Doggie photos always make my day, so go to the photo section and introduce us to your furbabies. :)
sarahjayne

Re: Bonjour from Paris !

Post by sarahjayne »

By ethological I meant that in this course we study ethology to help understand the dog from a dogs point of view :) (to understand where he's coming from)
It probably doesn't sound right in English, after 28 years in France my English gets a bit worse every year !!! Sorry if I'm talking rubbish :?

My furbabies are Kinaï a 5 year old Golden retriever and Teddy a 7 month old Bichon Maltais (maybe that's Maltese Bichon in English ?)
Teddy is not actually My dog he belongs to my 2 daughters (11 and 15) that are on alternate residence with their father and I. Although they manage to spend most weekends with me and most of the holidays if they can.
So Teddy is not here full time, which at the moment may be a good thing as it gives Kinaï a bit of time without him (he's a little terror !) (but cute)

I will now try to put a photo on somewhere.