Another Newbie...

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Brandysmom

Another Newbie...

Post by Brandysmom »

Just registered - Love Victoria and her show. Hoping to find some help to solve my runaway hound. She's 2 1/2 years old redbone hound mix (not sure what mixed) and has been a great addition to mine and my husband's home. She has a fantastic personality and is generally very obedient. Our issue is that she will take off out of our house and yard at any opportunity and does not come when called. I just started searching through the various posts and training advice but so far haven't located anything that helps.
josie1918

Re: Another Newbie...

Post by josie1918 »

Do you think she might be following the trail of an animal, lets say a coon? Growing up our neighbors 1/2 mile away had+ 22 coon hounds, yes, they hunted with them. Great dogs, so laid back UNTIL they got the scent of a raccoon. :lol: Off they went (superman paled by comparison) they don't seem to hear or see anything else if they are tracking. Just curious if that is what she is doing. I'll bet she is cute as can be too :D
lennox

Re: Another Newbie...

Post by lennox »

Just wanted to say hello. I'm new today, I can see by reading some of the posts that most of us need help in one way or another. If I can ever help in any way I will and I'm sure so will the other members. If we are fans of Victoria and her show the we must be good at heart and animal lovers to ofcoures. I'm sure that you will get the help and advice that you are looking for and hopefully so will I. x