An Introduction to Me

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

evenmoriah

An Introduction to Me

Post by evenmoriah »

Hello. My name is Aurora. I am the proud owner of a Pitt-mix named Sheila, and a Walker Hound foster named Ladybird. We live in Orlando, FL with my boyfriend and our 3 cats (Virginia, Pi, and Bagheera). I am a big fan of positive reinforcement training, but am not sure what the causes of some of my foster dog's behaviors are...still learning her in's and out's at this point as we've only had Ladybird since Christmas. I'm here hoping to get a better sense of what to do with an abused dog who is incredibly sweet and smart but occasionally aggressive and very fearful in some situations. We can't adopt this foster-dog out until she's safe to do so, and we care too much about her to give up on her now. :)
***Melissa***

Re: An Introduction to Me

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Hi, and welcome :D

Here's tons of info on how to deal with doggies who have been abused, and if there's anything you want to ask, post it in the training part of the forum, the experts will give wonderful advice
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
luvmydogs

Re: An Introduction to Me

Post by luvmydogs »

Hello ! My name is Paula and I also have a pitt-mix named Emma..MY other dogs are a GSD Malibu and a border collie Jasmine..I live in Massachusets but have been to Orlando many times...You will find this board interesting as it is global and there are many dog lovers on here from the UK..