Hi I'm New on Here

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

jennyf

Hi I'm New on Here

Post by jennyf »

Hi Everyone, :D

I'm Jenny and live in Essex. I have two dogs from the Many Tears Sanctuary. One is a JRT called Joseph which was taken in from the Pound, and the other is an ex puppy farm breeding Westie called Polly. I also have three horses, five chickens and a husband (who also loves animals luckily!)

I'm a Tellington Touch Equine Awareness (TTEAM) Practitioner and also a Reiki Level 2 Practitioner.

I do use the TTOUCH methods on my own dogs and they both love it.
luvmydogs

Re: Hi I'm New on Here

Post by luvmydogs »

Hey! Stupid question but where is Essex..I live in Massachusets..I have a reactive GSD and am going to look into the TTouch..I just read about it here... I hope it works..Welcome!!
jennyf

Post by jennyf »

Sorry - I keep forgetting that websites are Global! Essex is in the South East of the UK. I'm sue you'll find the ttouch helpful - and it will fit in with other training methods as well.

luvmydogs wrote:Hey! Stupid question but where is Essex..I live in Massachusets..I have a reactive GSD and am going to look into the TTouch..I just read about it here... I hope it works..Welcome!!
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Welcome! How great to have a TTouch practitioner on the forum! :D Enjoy the forums. Please be sure to offer any advice regarding TTouch....and do you do Reiki on animals or people? (or both?)
jennyf

Post by jennyf »

Hi

I'm not qualified to do TTOUCH on dogs etc, only horses, so sadly cannot really advise on specific dog issues.
I like to do Reiki on animals, but will work on humans if required.

Noobs wrote:Welcome! How great to have a TTouch practitioner on the forum! :D Enjoy the forums. Please be sure to offer any advice regarding TTouch....and do you do Reiki on animals or people? (or both?)
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Well you could probably offer advice based on your experience with your own dogs, not necessarily based on your "pedigree" so to speak. Everyone on here takes advice with a grain of salt as many of the people giving advice aren't actually trainers but have lots of experience with their own dogs.
jennyf

Post by jennyf »

Yes, absolutely, if I can be of help, then I'll be glad to waffle on! And, I will also look forward to getting help on some issues/matters.
I'm always keen to waffle on about ttouch etc and how good it is.

Noobs wrote:Well you could probably offer advice based on your experience with your own dogs, not necessarily based on your "pedigree" so to speak. Everyone on here takes advice with a grain of salt as many of the people giving advice aren't actually trainers but have lots of experience with their own dogs.
luvmydogs

Post by luvmydogs »

I have an idea of what TTouch is but could you please explain a little more on how it's done and how it helps calm them..I am going to be getting a book on this ..Is there one you would recommend??? Also what is the idea about the ace bandage?? Thanks...
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Hi Jenny, welcome to the forum. Marie Miller is a friend, met her on the internet and have been on one of her workshops, she is amazing, she picked up on Joe's fear when she couldn't see him. Rachel was helping her and within 10 minutes Joe was fast asleep on the floor with Rachel working on him. He was never the same again thank goodness, never quite as bad.

I am a Reiki Master, I usually work by distance and had some success with lost dogs.

Quite a few of us are into horses, I trained as an instructor and loved the job, best job I every had. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
meggit

Post by meggit »

ive just realised that marie miller works from my vets ive seen her name there for appointments for ttouch. if buddy starts having problems at least i know where to go for the best help
jennyf

Post by jennyf »

Marie is lovely - I've met her on one of the horse courses and a couple of time besides - she is very good with the doggies.

TTOUCH works just below the skin at a cell level. The exact circular movement as described in the books etc has been shown to have the best effect. It is very gentle so you cannot do any harm because you're not working on muscles or manipulating bones etc. There are a vairety of ttouch's.

The 'wraps' can be used for so many things and again, in various ways and can help with:
fear, aggression, reactivity, stress, calming, balance and a lot more.

check out the UK website for lots of info. Marie Miller and Sarah Fisher have written a couple of books together and I think the info on these are also on the website, or look on Amazon.

http://www.ttouchtteam.co.uk/