hello

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

whiskygrl

hello

Post by whiskygrl »

My name is DeAnna and I am 41 and live in a small town in Eastern Oregon. I firmly believe in positive training. I am the proud owner of 3 pit bulls ZamoraBeth, Splinter and Honeybear. i also have 3 grown kids and 2 grandkids and the most awesome husband that introduced me to the beautiful, loyal and loving pit bulls.

ZamoraBeth she is 3 years old and thinks she is the house lap dog, the only problem is she is 65lb. She is from a long line of pits that have come into the lives of my husband and myself. She also has an uncanny ability to know when my husband is having a bad day ( he is fighting cancer) and just hangs out with him.

Splinter is 1 and is the son of our beloved Woody (R.I.P) He is the clown. It took him some time to grow into his feet and ears (i do not crop) but he is very funny and can always make you laugh. He is a cuddle bug.

Honeybear is our 3/4 yr old rescue. My husband pulled her from the river a couple of years ago. She had so much cheat grass (?)
in her paws it took two weeks of wrapping w/ salve to draw it all out but now she is happy and healthy and our baby and the mother of Splinter.

I hope to meet good friends to learn from and hope to be able to help others with tips on how positive training helped me have 3 amazing pit bulls
luvmydogs

Re: hello

Post by luvmydogs »

I have a 7 month old pittie mix..Mostly pit..I never knew what an intelligent dog they were..I have a border collie to compare her too..She sleeps in bed under the covers right next to me every night..I love it when she has her head on my pillow because I can give her kisses ...I have been teaching her tricks so when we go out in public she can show everyone what a great breed they are..I don't have her ears cropped and wouldn't even think of doing that...This is a great forum to chat and brag on how our dogs are the best or worse ..Depending on what they have done.. By the way I hope your husband is doing well..My mom had cancer and it is hard to see someone you love having a bad day...He is in my thoughts..