Getting the puppy or not

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

fraky

Getting the puppy or not

Post by fraky »

Hi, my name is Claudia and I have a little problem. My sister's dog had puppies a few month ago (November 2009). Ever since the puppies were born i wanted one, but my living situation is complicated. I told my sister that i would not be able to bring the dog with me until this summer, because i was not going to be able to provide the appropriate care. She decided to keep the dog until i could bring it, but she also kept another of the puppies and of course the mum and dad. Logically, the 4 of them are very close together, they love to play and if you separate the puppies they get really sad. Now my sister is worried that if i take one of the puppies with me, they will suffer terribly and won't be able to adapt. I would love to bring both of them with me, but realistically i don't think i can't. What should i do? should i leave my puppy back with my sister or they will be able to adapt after a period of adaptation? Thanks is advance. Cheers
Noobs

Re: Getting the puppy or not

Post by Noobs »

Read this:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6011

You're better off separating the pups. I think the experts will tell you what you need to do to get them used to being separated now until the time comes for you to take ONE of the pups.
biscuitsmom

Re: Getting the puppy or not

Post by biscuitsmom »

I see this was nearly a month ago, so I dont know if you've decided or ot...but if you can POSSIBLY do it, I'd take them both. That way they'll have company while you're working, or busy, and it would be a great comfort to one another....our days can pass quickly, but for those waiting at home, it goes very slowly...