Hello from Sheffield U.K.

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

shining-one

Hello from Sheffield U.K.

Post by shining-one »

Hi, I have been watching It's me or the Dog, on Sky 3 and have already learnt many helpful tips for using with my new Golden Retriever puppy who is 4 months old. He is a delight and I love training him and taking him for walks. I can't wait for the day when we can go on really long walks.

My beloved German Shepherd who was 12 years old died in January and that is why we got the Golden Retriever puppy. I also have a very nervous Chihuahua who is three, and a 14 year old poodle who is deaf, nearly blind and very rheumatic. My daughter was a volunteer in kennels in the summer holidays and she begged me to take the poodle in because it was so unhappy. There have been lots of problems with anxiety seperation, refusing to eat, but these are improving and we have learnt to live with them.

I look forward to spending time on the forum learning lots about dogs!
Mattie

Re: Hello from Sheffield U.K.

Post by Mattie »

Welcome to the forum, I live at Huddersfield, not that far from Sheffield. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Welcome to the forums!

Im in manchester... which is a leeetle further from sheffield... but not that far!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
shining-one

Post by shining-one »

Thanks, my son is at uni in Manchester and he loves it!

I Love going to the Ardale Centre to meet him for lunch and then shopping.