Greetings from a Jersey Gal, future vet, and dog trainer!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Inny

Greetings from a Jersey Gal, future vet, and dog trainer!

Post by Inny »

Hey there everyone!
My name is Jacqueline, but people call me Jackie or Inny. I'm 19 years old and a freshman in college (in VA). I'm looking to transfer back to Jersey 'cause this rural lifestyle just isn't for me. Don't get me wrong, it is BEAUTIFUL down here, but it lacks the chaos of NJ. Anyways, I'm studying to be a vet (majoring in Animal science). Once I finish vet school, I would like to open my own vet clinic and Large Breed rescue (primarily for those bad rep dogs like the Pits, the Rotties, the Sheps..). Dog Training? Well, will probably be puppy raising for CCI (canine companions for Independence), and that requires knowing how to train a dog. One is preparing a future service dog, after all. Or, if being a vet just doesn't work out for me, I would love to be a full time dog trainer simply because I know so many dogs who are just crazy. People love their canines, but I know dogs who are five years, six years, seven years, even ten years old who aren't house broken and have complete rule of the house. It is ridiculous!

Anyways!

I have two dogs. One is a purebred German Shepherd (8 months old) who already has signs of hip dysplasia. He may have THR done sometime this winter. My other dog is a Cocker Spaniel mix. She's about 8 years old now. She's my baby still, and such a sweetheart to everyone but the puppy. He's a bit too energetic for her. We're working on their relationship. My other pets include two rats and a parakeet.

I'm a pretty happy person. I tend to be a real goof. They say people resemble their dogs (or vice versa), well my pup and I are pretty much identical in personalities. My other gal, well, her personality matches my mom's much more than mine, but she's still my baby.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you! After all, we've already got one thing in common! We are all fans of Victoria! :)

Much love everyone!

~Inny
dontpugme

Re: Greetings from a Jersey Gal, future vet, and dog trainer!

Post by dontpugme »

Your life sounds so exciting! :D
--dontpugme
Inny

Post by Inny »

Haha. Thank you. It actually is :P and it just gets better and better everyday ^-^ yay!
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Welcome to the forums, you sound like a really positive enthusiastic person.. so I am sure you will achieve what you want to achieve!

Hope you enjoy the forums and find them useful :)
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant