So....Who's Who? - Introduce Yourself Here

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sakura79

Post by Sakura79 »

My name is Karen and I live with my mom and aunt. We have two budges/parakeets named Daisy and May. Two goldfish and four neons. Our cats Oreo and Star and they are both tuxido cats. Now there are our two dogs Gizmo ( part shiltie and part papiyon ) and Romeo ( long hair dapple duaschund ).
loza123

Post by loza123 »

My names lauren am 15 years old live in the Uk !!

i have 1 dog called josh hes great hates cuddles thought ! best dog ever and NEVER acts his age of 14 ! i also have 1 hamster called poppy very sweet she is also am doing a 'own a pony for a week' at my stables in beverly on my fave pony rockey
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/ ... C00998.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/ ... C00589.jpg
Bilclarie

Post by Bilclarie »

Hi All my name is Maureen I have owned Dobermann's for over 23yrs I'm origanally from London but moved to rural France 4 yrs ago, we bought an old run down farm and have spent the time here renovating it, it's still not quite finished but not much more to do.
We have a multitude of farm animals on the property pig's sheep chicken's geese etc we have 2 semi ferral cat's Jasper and Henry and our 6 Dobermann's Merlin Raven Tasha Greta Ivy and Lola.
Looking forward to meeting you all via the forum and joining in with the discussion's :) :)
Bilclarie Dobermann's
If it's not a Dobermann it's just a dog
www.bilclarie.com
[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p244/bilclarie/untitled.jpg[/img]
LD

Post by LD »

Hi, I own a Doberman named lucy almost 3yrs, Max 12yr lab x and Stanley 5 1/2 month Miniature pinscher :D
also own 2 rabbits , molly and Daisy!
I live in the UK
Kaela

introducing my zoo

Post by Kaela »

My name is Kaela. I am 22 years old. I have 6 dogs, 1 cat, 6 rats, 3 mice, and 2 snakes.

Pixie Dust, feist, is 3 years old and wonderful, perfect in every way.

Lois, basset hound, is 2 years old and causes me to lose great clumps of hair. She is one of the main ones driving me up the wall. Paper fetish and all that!

Gabbie, chow x gsd x ?? (they said lab, i dont believe it), 6 monthes old and is finally able to reach into the trash can. Lois's partner in crime.

Artie, peke, about 2 years old and is too short to do anything wrong!

Mona, s/c chihuahua, is 1 year old and all of 3 lbs. she is my other perfect child.

Angie, l/c chihuahua, is 8 years old and 5 lbs and is handicapped. she had to have both of her eyes removed. Mona is her seeing-eye dog!

Jewelie, Blue Russian Cat, is 17 years old and runs the dogs

Beauregard, Columbian Red-Tailed Boa Constrictor, 2 years old and about 4 1/2 feet. He will get up to about 10 - 12 feet when he is all grown up. He is the perfect pet.

and last but not least:

Joey, Ball Python, 2 years old and about 2 1/2 feet. she will get up to 6 feet long.

the snakes are perfect due to the fact they get fed once a week! a few of my dogs have issues ( :oops: my house is trashed in other words! :oops: ) but the other ones i can at least count on to not join in! Just ask away if you have any questions (or tips) about the zoo!
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

Lordy Kaela! That's some Zoo, I am not surprised your house is trashed, actually I am surprised its still standing! :D

My name is Donna and I am a 30 year old trainee lawyer living and working in the Manchester area of the UK. Currently in my house its just me and my little four month old Doberman girl Ellie, and that’s the way we like it! As its just the two of us we are very close and a bit joined at the hip. I loved a comment someone put on here the other day about Dobermans being 'Velcro dogs' (was it ILOVEMYDOBIE?) as that is so true and one of my many nicknames for my little girl is 'the little limpet'.

I have owned dogs before, but always as family pets so Ellie is the first dog of my very own. Now I can almost hear some of you saying 'a Doberman as your first dog, is that wise?', well I think so yes, and my reasoning for this is as follows. When I was thirteen years old my parents split up and my mother and I were forced to, rather abruptly, leave the family home. A friend of my mother's was leaving the country to work abroad and offered to let us rent her house whilst she was away. This worked well for her, as (yep you guessed it) she had an eighteen month old Doberman ***** named Gem who she was leaving behind. As both my mum and I were dog lovers, we were more then happy to look after Gem whilst we rented the house. Gem's owner never returned from abroad and Gem became ours (I still maintain 'mine' actually).

Gem was without a doubt the most affection dog I have ever known and she wouldn't let you cry unless you had both arms around her neck!! She was my best friend and I was amazed at her ability to 'read' my emotions, not just when I was visibly upset. She also stepped in to protect me on a number of occasions where I could have been in trouble without her. As with any family break up these were hard times, but I can honestly say that Gem got me through it. So there go. Sold on Dobermans forever.

Now I grant you that’s a very sentimental tale, but the gospel truth I promise you. I am also pleased to say that Ellie, although undoubtedly REALLY hard work, is becoming just as special. I am not too sure about the protection bit though as she is a total wimp and ran away yelping from two very friendly Cairn terriers last night :shock: . Bless her.
ILOVEMYDOBBIE

Post by ILOVEMYDOBBIE »

Ocelot0411 wrote: I loved a comment someone put on here the other day about Dobermans being 'Velcro dogs' (was it ILOVEMYDOBIE?) as that is so true and one of my many nicknames for my little girl is 'the little limpet'.
Hello

No it was Dobie Pups Mum I think. Our boy used to run away yelping from smaller dogs, but he soon grew out of it and restored his 'street cred' :D People are so scared of Dobermann but our boy is a big softie. He is just over 2 years old now so I hope his doganality won't change!
MEL AND ZULU

Post by MEL AND ZULU »

Guess its about time to introduce myself a bit. . . .

My name is Mel, I live just by Heathrow airport. Im 31 years young.
Although my post name is Mel and Zulu, that is purely beacause of the IMOTD show that we are going to be on in the Autumn.
I do actually have 3 doggies, Zulu a boxer who is three and the apple of my eye, very cute and comical and always makes me laugh had him since 7 wks old. Mac a 5 year old malti poo and his brother (from the same litter) Stumpie who of course also 5yrs, had both since the actual day they were born. Stumpie is the general of our pack, a very brave little dog and the smallest of them all, also adicted to watching TV. Mac is a talker, he mumbles away to himself all the time and is always up for a natter, he is the sensitive one.
We all lived in africa until November 2005 and then moved back home, the dogs had to go in to quarentine for a grueling 6 months, i visited twice a day for two hours at a time every day and four hours straight on weekends. The lady that looked after them as their kennel maid was gr8, a true dog lady and we are still friends now (she is also a Boxer mum). This was a very difficult time for us all but my dogs are my life and would have rather gone through that for 6 months then give them up. Quarentine is mega expensive just incase anyone was thinking of it and very emotional for all dogs and owners, they shared a kennel and a big run and cost us in the end about 11'000.00, but would have paid double if i had to. Luckily my hubby loves them just as much.
Anyways i have probably waffled on too much.
Gr8 forum!
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

Oh my goodness Mel, thats real dedication!! Glad you are all happily back together now.

PS your husband sounds a doll, lucky you!
Cava14Una

Post by Cava14Una »

Hi
I'm Anne from Fife in Scotland :) I have 2 Beardies Cava my brown boy is 6 and Zymi my black rescue boy is 4. I dabble in obedience and HTM used to show and do agility. In the past I've owned Boxers other Beardies a Beardie/Border x and a Beagle

I'm spinster of this parish :lol: No kids and 4 gorgeous ratty gents I love my rats to bits only discovered rats as pets a year ago and am a bit obssessed :roll:
Anne plus 2 Beardies and 4 gorgeous ratty gents
Zigmaster

Introducing Myself to you all

Post by Zigmaster »

Well hello everyone...

I'm a 40 year old dog lover that thinks very highly of all dogs and adore my own.
I have a 13 month old Jack Russell / Parsons Terrier (I quote both as she is border line withing half an inch so could be either, hopefully you might be able to help me here finally put a name to her breed, anyway our Poppie is a very lucky dog these days. She gets nothing but the attention, love and devotion any dog so rightly deserves I think. To many people I here about and know get a dog whilst bored during thew summer holidays not thinking about when they go back to work the dog will be it's own for 6 hours plus five days a week.
I personally think it should be much harder to own a dog, but, the Government wont listen. David Milliband is my MP but when with DEFRA wasn't really interested in my case at the time, saying he couldn't really and passed me over to someone else, conflicty of interests...

Anyway I have plenty to talk about and put to you all so Ill keep that for the right sections, so for now, Victoria, I think you are a priceless gem that projects a really good image / role model for the younger generation coming through and who will be the owners of the dogs in the future...

I'm def for 100% some kind of vetting owners before they decide to get a dog of their choice. I'll tell my story inside but it's one of disaster, heartache and the next 14 months of frustration...

Ziggy
Jack Russell Owner and proud of that
Last edited by Zigmaster on Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"we need more Victoria's in this world who will fight to bring this Dangerous Dogs act up to date and in line with proper law"
smiler

Post by smiler »

Hi everyone
My name's Gilly and I am owned by 2 dogs and a cat. Candy is a 2 yr old Collie cross who thinks she rules the place ( Missy the cat thinks otherwise ) Jessie is almost 5 months old, Staffy cross who is adorable, cheeky and cute., all the things a pup should be. I am 53 next month and have had dogs for all mu adult life ( mum wasn't too happy about having any pets) I have spent the last week trying to read all the topics her and gave up as there are sooooooooooooooo many LOL
ShannonO

Post by ShannonO »

Greetings all! I'm glad to have found this forum. I love Ms. Stillwell's show and have picked up many a tip from the episodes!

I am a 26 year old woman the DC-metro area, living with my fiance'. Growing up my family has had two dogs (a darling angel shepherd mutt, Allie, and a rescued Jindo, Joey). After a year of consideration and months of convincing the fiance' (he didn't grow up with any animals), we brought home Sage, an awesome American Bulldog. The fiance' has since fallen COMPLETELY in love with Sage, despite his initial reservations. Sage came to us as an 18 month old teenager; he was bred to work but didn't quite make the cut so we became his forever "pet" home.

But he's actually maturing into a GORGEOUS bulldog and is showing some working drive (not for the traditional bite work but for weight pulling, and hopefully therapy or searching work some day). He happily pulls a sled for me, and he's so scent-oriented I'm hoping to get him into a nose-intensive sport. One step at a time though. I went from what was supposed to be a purely pet home into a working home with enthusiasm for competition! He's going to show next weekend (his second show!), and going to a pull competition next month. Wish us luck!

(He's mine on a co-own contract. I get the dog and everything that comes with it, but no breeding rights. He'll probably never be bred, but since he's such a looker and is showing some good drive now his breeder wants to wait a little to see whether he is a good fit for her program after all.)

Tanner is my rescued Bengal kitty. He was found in a street starved. I was looking for a bengal but torn because I couldn't find any rescues - only breeder's kittens. Finally he turned up and became the love ove my life five years ago. The fiance also wasn't fond of cats but Tanner took his heart! Tanner is a cutie, but a VERY vocal boy! (I have the feeling that that's what got him booted from his first home.)

Tanner (true to bengal style) still acts just like a kitten. He talks to us and lets us know if he needs something (food, water, littler cleaning, scratches, or attention), he plays rampantly with his pouff balls and mylar sparkly things, and he cuddles up to my face and never wakes me up before the alarm. (Tanner does NOT understand the snooze concept. Once the first alarm sounds, it's cuddles time!!!)

I've got two issues that have led me here, although I can tell I probably won't leave after they're resolved. This is a great forum!

Issue #1: Sage is overly exuberant when he sees other people and dogs on walks. We're working on that.

Issue #2: Tanner and Sage don't mix. Sage is utterly fascinated with Tanner and instead of holding his ground and teaching Sage boundaries with his claws, Tanner runs. Which just gets Sage GOING. So Sage stares at Tanner from the main living level and Tanner taunts Sage knowing Sage won't cross the gate. We've got equilibrium: Sage doesn't test the gate EVER (odd for a bulldog, but great for me!), and Tanner never comes downstairs. I wish they could cohabitate on the same floor, and I'm hoping to pick up some tips here. I've basically resigned myself to their perpetual separation, though. I'm going to have a house build in the next two years and am designing it specifically so that they will be separable.

We plan to bring home a sister for Sage sometime in the next five years. Not before we build our new house, though. Currently we have no yard whatsoever!

Ok, my novella is finished!
Sage is my 3 year old darling American Bulldog (CGC, PH). Lola, another American Bulldog, is 7 months (as of May 2008).
Shiva

Post by Shiva »

Well, I just joined so I guess I'll chime in.

I just turned 25 and I'm unfornuately living with my mother as finding a place that I can afford and that allows large dogs isn't easy. I have 2 dogs, a 4 year old Australian Shepherd named Dizzy and a 1 year old German Shepherd mix named Rio. Rio was 105 pounds at his last vet visit, so he's already a large dog. We're not sure what he's mixed with, but Anatolian Shepherd is a good guess because of his size. Rio has some "I hate other dog issues" that hit when he turned 1. I also have a cat named Shazza. I have fish as well.

Shiva
jodieohdoh

Post by jodieohdoh »

My name is Jo and I live on the Isle of Man (british isles) with my partner David and our collie cross Fly. I posted some photos of her already but here's one anyway

We adopted Fly about 18 months ago from the local SPCA. She's a gentle, loving, playful thing at around 8 or 9 years old. Her favourite things ever are playing in the sea and playing ball. She's not keen on other dogs, but loves people.

I was a cat person prior to getting this dog, now I'm most definitely a dog person for life.