Hi from gloucestershire, England!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

**liz**

Hi from gloucestershire, England!

Post by **liz** »

Hi All,
My name is Liz, i live in Gloucestershire with my husband Jim, our 3 beautiful children joe,lucy and mikey and our new puppy Riley who is a yellow lab! He is 8 weeks old!
I have joined this forum to gain some knowledge on how to raise a wonderful dog!
I am new to dog owning, although have spent alot of time with family members dogs and i enjoy it very much!
I have watched most of the episodes of 'its me or the dog' and i think it is a wonderful programme!

xxx
Mattie

Re: Hi from gloucestershire, England!

Post by Mattie »

Hi Liz, welcome to the forum, you have lots of reading to do :lol:

Have a look at this thread, it will give you an idea of what to expect from your pup.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1981

A good thread about clicker training.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513

This one is about a dog's body language, the more we can understand this the better it is for us and our dogs.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2959

Good luck :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
**liz**

Post by **liz** »

thank you so much for this infomation!!! it has been very helpful!!!

just as a quick note, is this forum just for trainers??? i wasnt sure when i signed up!
i needed a forum where i could gain info on raising Riley and this seemed to be the best place!
x

(i ask this as i am not a trainer)
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

As long as members stick with positive reinforcement, all are welcome.
--dontpugme
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Welcome, Liz! This forum is for everyone who wants to use it - for positive training info only. There are lots of dog owners here who come for advice, and there are several members who are trainers, breeders, behaviorists, professionals, who give their time and whose advice is really priceless.

Look out for emmabeth, Nettle, and Mattie - they're the trifecta of excellent (insert multiple superlatives here and you'll get the idea), sound advice in my humble opinion. Special props to Horace's Mum who comes on here with very valuable advice as well, but can't be here as often as others. She has a deaf dog with whom she's performed miracles using positive training. As a matter of fact all of Mattie's dogs have had severe problems and she's turned them all around. Nettle breeds and owns working dogs. Emmabeth is just an all-around wonderful person to get advice from; she's patient, thorough, and no matter how many times certain questions are asked, she answers every single time as if it's the first time she's ever seen it with step-by-step details that are virtually idiot-proof. So there you go, for you and everyone else. While trainers and behaviorists can help you in person, for those who don't have the option, these ladies, through this board, have saved me and others easily thousands of dollars in trainers and behaviorists.

Hope you guys don't mind my singling you out. But I think what I said is worth noting for the newbies. Emmabeth feel free to wave your wand and edit that out if you'd rather I didn't do that. :)
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

:oops: noobs.

Nearly 2 years ago Horace's mum can on asking advice for Horus, if I remember right he is her first dog and was desperate, it just shows how far an owner can come with their dog and knowledge in a short time. The way she has turned Horus round is awesome. :D
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
mustlovdoggs

Post by mustlovdoggs »

Welcome Liz, Who knows you may teach us something. :)
I wished I was the person my dogs thinks I am.