Hello from Spain,

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

valles

Hello from Spain,

Post by valles »

hello everybody,
I think it's a perfect idea that we can see that kind of programs in Spain, to consienciar people that most problems are caused by the owner of the dog.
The Spanish culture is changing to animals a lot, and it's really good. I'm Spanish but I have an English mother, so I've seen the different points of treatment to animals. That doesn't mean that all Spanish are aggressive animals, but culture is central to social behavior.
So, I always can remember going to Newcastle and my grandparents had a dog named Fred, he was part of the family and lived in the house, played with the grandchildren, etc. In Spanin, nearly all the families who had a dog was for a diferent reason: the dog lived outside (especially if it was big) in a small doghouse, and his funtion was a guardian dog, the family were frightened to go near. They will not spend the money with the vets, etc.
Just to give yous an idea, here the people once a year kills a pig, and the children fights to be the first one to hold the pigs taill untill they are killing him. Thanks God that is changing!!!! Hope one day they stop the bullfighting too.
Well, just to thanks a lot to emit this kind of programs. I love the forum.
valles

Re: Hello from Spain,

Post by valles »

Hello everybody,
I think it's a perfect idea that we can see this kind of program in Spain, to consienciar people that most problems are caused by the owner of the dog.
The Spanish culture is changing about how to treat the animals. I'm Spanish but I have an English mother, so I've seen the different points of treatment to animals. That doesn't mean that all Spanish are the same, but culture is central to social behavior.
So, I always can remember going to Newcastle and my grandparents had a dog called Fred, he was part of the family and lived in the house, played with the grandchildren, etc. In Spain, nearly all the families who had a dog was for a diferent reason: the dog lived outside (especially if it was big) in a small doghouse, and his funtion was a guardian dog, the family were frightened to go near him (just the man of the house went in to feed him). There is a lot a pepople that will not spend money taking the animal to the vet, etc.I've seen animals live in agony and no feelings for them.
Well, just to thanks a lot to emit this kind of programs. I love the forum. :)