Catahula Puppy in Dallas won't pottytra

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

democrat

Catahula Puppy in Dallas won't pottytra

Post by democrat »

Hi everyone, I'm in Dallas Texas. I just undertook the responsibility of helping my bf train his dog. The puppy is probably about 6 months old and is a Catahoula. He has had trthe dog about 3 months and just when he thinks that they are making progress the puppy starts peeing and pooping everywhere. He can walk the dog and he urinates and then comes back in the house and will urinate again. Due to that and because he is destructive when left alone he is crated during the day. The crate does not provide any deterent, he will pee and poop in his crate too.

I stay at home during the day and I live in a house (as opposed to an apartment where the puppy was living). I offered to help, thinking that maybe I could crate him and take him outside on two hour intervals and that perhaps he will catch on. So far that is not the case. He seems just as happy to go in the crate as outside. He is very active and a jumper when he is out of his crate. So active I can not get his attention.

I've been a dog person my whole life and trained dogs with little difficulty until now. If anyone has any suggestions for me I would love to hear them.