Hi everyone :)

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

forkin14

Hi everyone :)

Post by forkin14 »

So I don't think I've written on here before..

My name's Lindsey. Originally from Massachusetts but I'm currently living in Virginia with my boyfriend Chris and attending college majoring in Criminal Justice. We got Cadence about a year ago and according to the DNA test we got for her, she is a German Shepherd, Coonhound, Lab mix. The woman we got her from had no idea what breed her dog was, or even what the "father" dog is. Turns out she had the pups living outside in a barn, so Cadence has had some health issues. Last spring/summer her legs and entire belly broke out in nasty bumps, lost hair, constantly itchy. Turns out it was allergies, we still don't know to what. We did change her food to Purina Sensitive Systems and that seems to have helped tremendously. She also gets chronic ear infections (only in one ear though..), so we're constantly cleaning her ears and checking them. Other than that, she is incredibly sweet, loves people, very playful, and extremely smart. I love waking up to her in the morning, even if she does wake up at 6 am and whines until we get up and stay up! Haha :D
Noobs

Re: Hi everyone :)

Post by Noobs »

Hi Lindsey! Never knew your real name before. :)

I love hearing about Cadence. You guys seem to be doing a great job with her.
Fundog

Re: Hi everyone :)

Post by Fundog »

Yep, I know all about those floppy ears, and their proneness to infections, having to clean them often, etc. My Annie has had to be treated for a number of sore ears, usually in the same one all the time. It turns out she has a tuft of fur growing down in there (I call it "old man hair," lol), and it traps more gunk than the other ear does.

Then of course, you all read recently about Dottie's foxtail removal. Yikes! Poor baby.

You're doing a swell job with Cadence, btw. :D
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.