My dog likes her own space when walking

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

sharon_41

My dog likes her own space when walking

Post by sharon_41 »

Hi my name is Sharon and i have a Shaffy she is called Soul and she is 4yrs old.
But when i take her for walks she well like her own space and i never now when she will have a go at other dogs. If she is carrying something in her mouth and dogs come up to her she will just walk off. But if they posist in hassling her she will drop what ever she has in her mouth and go for them. I have tried lots of things like getting her attention with dog chocy drops but at present nothing works.
She is such a loving dog and is ok with children as long as they dont come and cover her face then she gets nerous with them but i do keep a eye on the kids and tell them not to cover her face as she does not like it. All i want to do is be able to take her for a walk and have other dogs come up to her say hello and for her to except it {ish}. And even play nicely with them. Victoria or anyone if you could help please reply to this.

Thanks for looking and hopefully helping :(
emmabeth

Re: My dog likes her own space when walking

Post by emmabeth »

Hiya, welcome to the forums.

If youd like to go over to the Dog Training Advice area, and start a new post about your dog and her issues, I am sure you will get some great advice there.

You need to tell us anything and everything you might think is useful such as breed, how much training you do with her, how you do that training, how much exercise and how long shes left for and what shes fed on, as all these things affect a dogs behaviour (and more things besides) so we need to know about them.

Happy posting!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant