Hi from Emmabeth

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

emmabeth

Hi from Emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Hi!

:mrgreen: Im Emmabeth, and I live in the North West of England, I share my home with five dogs - Rocky a staffy x (he was supposed to be a lurcher but it alllll went a bit wrong!), Kelda a Scottish Deerhound, Abby a elderly Saluki x Greyhound, Dilly a whippet x bedlington type lurcher and last but by no means least..... Errol, a Tibetan Terrier.

I also keep Degus, rats, tropical fish and a corn snake called Claypole.

I love positive dog training, and dogs and animals in general, I make leather dog collars and leads and also help to run these forums - if I get any spare time from that and the menagerie I play the flute and several sizes of whistle.
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
kelleyanne1988

Re: Hi from Emmabeth

Post by kelleyanne1988 »

whistle? like the thing you blow into that's round with a flat plate? Do you play it as an instrument?!
Have an Amazing Day,
Kelley Anne, Gunner, and Bear
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

:lol: No, whistle the instrument like the 'penny' whistle.... I play that and its bigger cousin, the low whistle.

The low whistle sounds like this http://www.tinwhistletunes.com/clipssni ... JasonK.mp3 (please note, NOT me playing this Ive picked this as its a version of The Kesh Jig that i really like).

You can also hear a low whistle if you listen to the theme tune to The Titanic... thats not a flute as most people think on My Heart Goes On.. its a low whistle!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
kelleyanne1988

Post by kelleyanne1988 »

ooooook! haha I was thinking that people now played whistles.... like the little thing! haha I was getting all sorts of confused! thats too cool though!
Have an Amazing Day,
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

LOL, Kelly Anne, I play the kind of whistle you were thinking of: it casts a magical spell on Dottie, and makes her come running back to me! :lol: :P
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
kelleyanne1988

Post by kelleyanne1988 »

haha thats great! do it to my dogs when i'm at home! They NEVER come back when we're home. Out in the middle of nowhere they do great, at my grandparents (great!)... home... NEVER! ugh! haha
Have an Amazing Day,