Newbie and researching!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

canineresearch

Newbie and researching!

Post by canineresearch »

Hello everyone!

I am currently in my final year of studying animal behaviour and welfare at the university of lincoln and would love it anyone would like to take part in a questionnaire I'm using for my dissertation. I know they can be a pain, so don't worry if you don't want to take part :)
It doesn't ask for any personal details and I won't be pestering you with any follow up emails (I know how annoying this can be!) Any help is sincerely appreciated :D :D :D The details are below...

Thank you all so much!

"Calling all dog owners. Please can you spare around 15 minutes to answer questions on how your dog copes in a range of situations?

This on-line questionnaire has been developed as part of research being conducted at the School of Life Sciences, University of Lincoln, UK. All responses will be anonymised unless you choose to take part in a follow up study.

To take part, please go to: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/KC2JV8L

Thank you for taking the time to participate in this important research!"
JudyN

Re: Newbie and researching!

Post by JudyN »

Done :D

That was interesting, though I was unsure how to answer a lot of the questions. Specifically, my dog does chase moving animals, and steals items, but he's a lurcher and there would be something wrong with him if he didn't :lol: And he does occasionally dig in the garden, and (rarely) mounts me if he gets overexcited, but these aren't 'issues' - just part of him.

Plus he's a paragon of virtue most of the time, but when he flips, he flips big-time, which was probably hard for the survey to detect, so some of my answers may appear contradictory.

Good luck with your studies :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Erica

Re: Newbie and researching!

Post by Erica »

Yeah, with my dog as well, there are a couple levels of "wanting" something. If he wants a moderately fun toy that he can't reach, he may stare at it, whine a little, then give up and lay down. If I have a tennis ball in my hand that he wants, though, he will be pogo-sticking and trying to get it with every trick he can think of. For the most part he's easy to distract from things he wants, but there are a few toys that turn all of his thinking brain off and transform him into a creature with a single purpose in life :lol:
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14