Greatings from portugal!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sport

Greatings from portugal!

Post by Sport »

Hello!

I'm Sara, a 26 year old dog trainer in training from Lisbon, Portugal. I've had a few small courses in positive training and everyday I'm learning new things, it's a fasninating world!

Currently I have a 4 year old pointer x lab girl named Concha (seashell in portuguese), adopted with 9 month and very shy with isolated people. Was found at a beach with a pack of dogs. She's ok with groups, kids and loves other dogs until she decides it's enough, then she bites the air to get the other dogs off. She knows a lot of tricks, I'm having trouble to figuring out what to do next with her.

After almost 15 years without a small puppy at home (I've lost my dog last year), we've adopted a 2 month old Rafeiro do Alentejo cross (a portuguese guard dog breed) that is driving crazy with the amout of pee! Mr. Spock is a very calm puppy (it's typical of the breed, thay are large, calm and pacient dogs, very rustic and indepent), very smart and cute. We've had a few chalenges ate the begining, he came malnourished from the shelter, didn't eat and is stil very skinny, but he's ok now, loves food and will do anything for it. Really great for training! We are still working in staying alone and pee in the right place, just today he peed his bed.

The two of them get along well most of the time, they are still trying to find the way to play, Concha is very big and likes to play ruff (she's 33 kg and her best friend is a 46 kg Rottweiller, ehehehe) and Spock cryes when she tries to play with him. They chase each other and bark around the house and the yard and my girl is much more tolerant. But sometimes she snaps at him and put herself on top of him growling when she's resting and he tries to play, or when she decides that she wants something and he tries to take it.

Right now I'm still trying to adapt to the routine of having two demanding dogs (my old boy was a saint, just wanted to sleep), one has to learn everything and the other already knows a lot.

My big girl, Concha

My baby boy Spock
JudyN

Re: Greatings from portugal!

Post by JudyN »

Oh look at that little puppy face!

Welcome to the forum, Sara :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Fundog

Re: Greatings from portugal!

Post by Fundog »

Concha is definitely a beauty! Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing what the pup looks like as he grows up. :D
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.