HELLO EVERYONE i am a new member

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Glen123

HELLO EVERYONE i am a new member

Post by Glen123 »

Hi everyone I joined this forum, as I am very passionate about DOGS especially rottweilers, I have loved & lost several over the last 32yrs, I want to tell you all my story, on the 10th April my beautiful 5 year old Rottweiler had to be put to sleep , he had been prescribed Rimadyl on the 19th march for a limp, right foreleg.On the 9th April am, he was walking around with his teddybear in his mouth, eating & drinking as normal, within a couple of hours after having his Rimadyl with his meal at 1pm, he started to drink a lot & wee a lot, he became very lerthargic, just wanted to go in his bed. (7am 10th April ) A day that I will never forget, i attempted to put my dog out in the garden, my poor boy was staggering, could not coordinate his movements, it was if he was drunk, he just wanted to go back in his bed, he was panting very heavy, I cupped some water in my hands for him to lap up, he refused it, would not wee, would not eat barely responding to me, he was dying in front of my eyes. my dog was in fantastic health before the Rimadyl except for his limp, which was Xrayed 5 days before he had to be PTS, XRAY results were good, no bone cancer, no arthiritis, so was being treated for soft tissue injury, my god he only had a limp HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN, vet was called out to my home, my boy was in a very bad way, and had to be put to PTS. I reported suspected Rimadyl adverse reaction to Pfizer, who have paid for autopsy, i am now waiting for autopsy results. As anyone else on this forum had problems with NSAIDS. TO OUR DARLING UTZ, OUR BEST FRIEND, HERE IS A HUG OUT OF THE BLUE TO LET YOU KNOW WE ARE THINKING OF YOU, AND EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE GONE AWAY, OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU EVERYDAY, LOVE YOU ALWAYS, YOUR HEARTBROKEN MUMMY & DADDY