Hello everyone

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

deniseandjim

Hello everyone

Post by deniseandjim »

My name is Denise and I was looking at this forum in the effort to try and find some tips on how to stop my one year old westie peeing all over the house.
I have chosen to rehome her knowing she has this problem .I am her third home and determined this is her forever home now.
Look forward to speaking with you all. :)
Sabrina

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Sabrina »

Hi Denise! Welcome! What's your westie's name?

If she hasn't had a recent vet check, that would be where I'd start - to rule out a uti or other problem. If there's a medical reason she's peeing in the house, she needs help for that first.

If you haven't seen it already, check out this article on potty training: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6125

Your little westie is lucky to have you!
deniseandjim

Post by deniseandjim »

Thanks for that
I feel lucky to have Poppy,she is full of fun
She has been vet checked but I will take her myself to make double sure
She seems mainly to go when excited
I have stopped her going when the lead is picked up by a firm no and a waggy finger
Had a good day today and a. bad day yesterday
We will get there
Sabrina

Post by Sabrina »

Hi again! If Poppy's peeing from anxiety, telling her "no" would be causing her more stress - and if she isn't already anxious that might make her anxious. If you want to start a thread for Poppy over on the "Advice" subforum, a lot more people will see it and be able to offer you advice and support! If in that thread you'd include as much detail about Poppy's typical day as you can, and explain what exactly is happening when she's peeing in the house - no detail is too small! That way folks can give you personalized advice about how you can best help Poppy and build a great relationship with her.