Hi there from Pennsylvania!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

K9Steve

Hi there from Pennsylvania!

Post by K9Steve »

Hello! I'm K9Steve and I was told about this forum from two of my friends in whom I've worked with at the local shelter or rescue and have become great friends over that time -well, I've known one longer than the other, but who's really counting, right? You know them as wvvdiup1 (Sandy) and CoolDog (Cathy), and we've worked with a lot of dogs from all kinds of backgrounds and situations. :D

I did own eight dogs and two cats, but over the last five or six months, three of the dogs and one cat died. Needless to say, those were hard times for me and my family, because we got those three dogs and two cats 18 years ago as puppies and kittens, respectfully, so they've been a part of our lives for a long time, and when they died, it was like losing family members. :(

I don't own a specific breek of dog, but mix-breeds and I think the one is "Heinz 57", because we're not sure what breeds make up this dog. Oh well, he is a great companion and a good dog, loves to lay under my chair when I'm sitting at the dinner table and he also loves to be on my lap whether I'm sitting in the recliner or the couch. The other dogs and the cat like to sit or lay around me too, and as I see it, they're my body guards as well as great companions and great pets. :D

Well, even though I'm in my mid-40s, I tend to talk a lot like an old man, so I better close this post. I do, however, hope to get to chatting with you all though and about our dogs though! :D

Talk to you all later! :D
Suzette

Re: Hi there from Pennsylvania!

Post by Suzette »

Hi Steve, welcome aboard! I am a former Pennsylvanian, now residing in Georgia. Good to have you here. :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
K9Steve

Post by K9Steve »

Suzette wrote:Hi Steve, welcome aboard! I am a former Pennsylvanian, now residing in Georgia. Good to have you here. :D
Thank you, Suzette! I used to live in Georgia for a few months, because of a job assignment I had down there. Of course, I've lived in other states as well, however, I lived in Pennsylvania most of my life though. Loved where I did live, but...

In regards to living in Georgia, I lived in Marietta, near Atlanta, fifteen years ago. Whereabouts in Pennsylvania did you live? :D
gwd

Post by gwd »

pictures of puppers are always appreciated!
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

K9Steve wrote:
Suzette wrote:Hi Steve, welcome aboard! I am a former Pennsylvanian, now residing in Georgia. Good to have you here. :D
Thank you, Suzette! I used to live in Georgia for a few months, because of a job assignment I had down there. Of course, I've lived in other states as well, however, I lived in Pennsylvania most of my life though. Loved where I did live, but...

In regards to living in Georgia, I lived in Marietta, near Atlanta, fifteen years ago. Whereabouts in Pennsylvania did you live? :D
I live a stones throw from Marietta! Small world! :D :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11