Help. My not so friendly Yorkie

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Poppydog2010

Help. My not so friendly Yorkie

Post by Poppydog2010 »

Please help. I have had my ***** Yorkie for three years. I admit I have spoilt her as I love her so much. She currently lives with me and my dad but recently my boyfriend of two years have bought a house. I want my dog - Poppy to live with us. One big problem Poppy hates my bf she constantly barks growls and wets herself everytime he goes near her. The only reason I think poppy is like this because two years ago my Boyf shut the door accidently on her face and hurt her Please help. I love the two of them and don't want to have to give up anyone
Sabrina

Re: Help. My not so friendly Yorkie

Post by Sabrina »

Hi! Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear that your dog is afraid of your boyfriend. If you would post over in the "Dog Training Advice" subforum, more people will see your post. In that post, give as much detail as possible about the interactions between your dog and your boyfriend - when your dog is fearful "every time he goes near her", does this mean when he is heading straight towards her with the intention to interact with her, or if he's simply walking across the room for some other purpose (not related to her)? If your boyfriend completely ignores Poppy (no talking to her, no looking at her, no trying to touch her, etc), will Poppy still react to him fearfully? Sometimes when people really want a dog to like them they do all sorts of things that are "friendly" from a human perspective - but from a dog's perspective they are actually confrontational. Also, if you would include as much detail about your dog's daily life as you can - the more details the better!