hello

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

properdogs

hello

Post by properdogs »

hello, well ive allready posted on the forum but but didnt nitice this part so thought id better jntroduce myself and my doggies.

im 23 years old and live ina farm jn the south west of england and i am workjng in a kennels and have done before when i lived in worcester and this is were i got my first dog little levi boots a 4 year old jack russel that i brought home from the rescue part of the boarding kennels. i allready knew levi before he was in for rehomjng as he was a regular boarder always barkjng, attacking the metal bars on the door because of the other dogs. demanding fetch on his walks, which was a little annoying. but a real little character. the owners soon brought him in to rehome him, and id play fetch with him in his kennel as hed alwsys finish his dinner first. during these 5 mjnute sessions of fetch was the first time he bit me and the second time was when he saw a staffie being walked close by. little toad that he is. but hes a sweet boy so i took him home with me too soon discover he was like dennis the menace.
hes have almost temper tantrums if he didnt get hus way for instance hed bring a toy over and bark so we keep his toys in a box so hed bring over anything he could and if we ignored him hed go on rampage tearing up bags plastic bottles anything, at least our tidyness improved on levis arrival. althou for 2 weeks he was brilliant until i guess when he settle in and noticed things he previuosly reacted too etc. he hated his walks and was a mammoth task too have a full walk with him, the muddy field really did put him off.
so we walked him along the road which he much prefered but then freak out when thenwind blew through the hedges and cower around signs and lamps and bins. he had a barking match with a bucket once.
at home he was cautios of a cupboard doors, i fink because of the sound hes quite noise phobic. the radiator, my hair straightner. when using deodorant or spraying the beardies with water he come rushig over and try and attack the spraying device. the first time we got the hoover out he attacked it and this was before we had even turned it on. we tried clicker training him, so he stuck his middle finger up at that one and tried to kill the clicker and decided too bite me. even though our levis not the perfect dog ive never regretted the day i thought of taking him home with me and he loves his life on the farm....even the muddy fields
:D :D
our next dog is wilson. who we got at 4 months old. hes a smooth x border collie and is currently snuggled up with me on a chair that really isnt big enuf for the both of us. hes a reall softie and has been brilliant with levi as levi was previously dog aggresive and sometimes slips into old ways. doesnt bite anymore but does sometimes come running over if wilson gets excited but wilson doesnt react so levi goes back to his been bag. wilson loves life and running around the fields. i hope one day to have him as a working sheepdog which wo5uld be fantastic.
finally we have our henry hes 1 and half year old cocker bought him at 5 months too soon notice he was allready nearly 1 year old, but o well. henrys... well henry. runs round the field were it almost looks as though his back legs are going faster than hjs front legs. he has run into my shins a couple of tjmes and admitedly i did swear rather loudly at him :evil: it did very much hurt mind. massive bruise there afterwards but owell.
henrys our gundog.....whos afraid of the gun :lol: i thought this was very amusing when vince took him5 out for the first and im fairly certain only time out shooting. henry was really enjoying it until the gunshot when he promptly ran away the opposite way from home vince then spent the next 2 hours looking for him until my dad phoned to say have u lost your dog as theres been a cocker spanial running around for the past hour
so there you know a little bit about me and a bit more about the dogs and i hope to learn lots of ways to keep my dogs happy and ever increasing our little bond that we all have :D
Last edited by properdogs on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudyN

Re: hello

Post by JudyN »

Welcome - that's some houseful you've got there!
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
properdogs

Re: hello

Post by properdogs »

thanks for the welcome.
yeh i know. im not getting anymore lol. levi was a handful when we first got him but hes come a long so much. so proud of him :D
and yeh there all high energy breeds aswell, although levis pretty content with his 2 walks a day and a bit of fetch. he just normally sleeps for the day has an occasional bark if the clover advert comes on telly or a bumble bee sound. funny lil chap.
he still needs to get use to the hoover mind. i get the other half to do it when i take the dogs for a walk.
i got a problem with wilson as hes a dive bomber with the other dogs. especially with henry as levi more likely to bite back.
ive been doing more training with him and teaching him some tricks. we had a walk with henry and didnt do a full dive bomb once he thought about it a couple of times so called him over and did a few commands with him. the advice ive gotten from the forum has been really helpful and enjoyable.