First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

DebzDogz

Post by DebzDogz »

Hi Everyone
I came across this forum whilst browsing through the Internet looking for "positive" trainers that include clicker training and possibly gun dog training. I am a "retired" dog trainer who ran classes and 1-2-1 training for some 25 years, using positive reinforcement, clicker training, and taught management techniques to owners of difficult dogs. I only say "retired" as I now spend every waking moment training my own dogs! I have two Parson Russell Terriers that I do agility and a bit of flyball with, and a five-month-old Working Cocker Spaniel. In my quest for a "positive" gun dog trainer for my spaniel, I have had a couple of disappointments, ranging from a trainer who refused to take me on after reading my website (no longer in existence) and a so-called trainer, who simply instructed me to let my puppy off lead - to show him I was "pack leader". (???) It was a dreadful experience, one which I never want to repeat. So I decided to join this forum to restore my faith in positive training - and trainers. :)
WufWuf

Re: New Member

Post by WufWuf »

Welcome to the forum :D

We do have a positive gun dog trainer on here but I haven't seen him around in a bit (are you still here Gundogguy??). I'm not sure where's he's based but you could try posting in the Dog Training Advice section or possibly drop him a p.m as he might not check this part of the forum.
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
DebzDogz

Re: New Member

Post by DebzDogz »

Many thanks I'll look forward to hearing from him sometime. :)