hello from denmark

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Goofy

hello from denmark

Post by Goofy »

Hello everybody.
I´m not so good at writing english, I hope that you´ll understand me anyway.
Me, 25 years of age, and my boyfriend, 39 years of age, have just got at dobbermen/weinmaraner mix. We´ve only have him for about a month and he is 12 month old. We called him Goofy, because he looks a little like goofy. And we just love him over the tops.
We picked him up from at dog schelter, here in Denmark. The previously owner did´t want him any more and the schelter don´t know why. So we don´t know anything aboute him and how his been taken care of. :?

Goofy is a lovely dog, but at row of problems is beginning to apear, now he´s falling in to his new life, with us. :( We are preparet to worke with him to solve these problems and give him a good life. :!:

In the beginning he wimped a lot, like all the time. The dog schelter told us that it was stress and that it wouldt stop with time, and i allmoste have now. so good progress. :D
When we come home from a walke he become verry, verry, verry happy and jumps around graping stuff to play with. We don´t talk to him before he is calm. It only takes 1-3 minuts for him to calm down. Then we prase him for being calm.
Goofy has a hard time being alone, we traine this every day, and are only up to 3 minuts!! We have used Victorias tips, but it is like we are stuck. :cry:
Goofy is verry good with kids, and it is almoste like he knows that they have funny movments, talks different and touch him strange ways. Hi sitts still and is verry careful when he takes the doggoodis from their hands. :P

Goofy is good with almoste every dogs, specially puppys and dogfemales. He loves to play and run around. Goofy have a problem with balls and other dogs toys, those things he really wants to have, so he tries to steal it. The most dogs tell him "no" if they dont want to share. The balls is a big problem, because he jumps to get them and when he do, he can push a adoult over, we worke to get him to stop jumping up, but he is so impulsiv around a ball. Other male dogs, some times he can play and other times he gets, in lake of better words, agressiv. We don´t know if it is because he is scared of the other dog or he/the other dog wants to be in charge.

Some times he can stand the same place and just sniff to the ground i quite a long time, and some times he liks the ground, for then to klick his teeth. he loves to run at the beach and pley with the seaweead.

When we are at home, he sleeps. We are beginning to wonder if its normal for a dog to sleep that much. He sleeps all night as well, but he seems happy and eat and drinks.
We do have some problems at home, Goofy steals food (human food) and he barkes (alerting and protectiv) when he hear someone walking outside or another door go (open/close/bell/knock) in another appartment.

Goofy, me and my boyfriend goes to dog training, and he is realy good i class.

Alle the problems descript will get at toppick for them self, this is just an introduction. I hope alle ofe you clever people have found this introducktion good enougt. and that you will elp me with the desriptet problems.

Love form Denmark