Hello from Australia!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

MurrayAlex

Hello from Australia!

Post by MurrayAlex »

Hi! I have read many many posts on this forum and have found the advice within very helpful and reassuring :) so I that it was time I joined!

I have a kelpieXsharpei (male) who is called Murray and is six. I wish I had have found this website when I was training him as a pup, as unfortunately I was sucked in by all that dominance nonsense at first. We are moving along fine these days, but I can't help but feel I missed out on some of the joy a positive bond with him earlier in his life. Not to mention I'm sure he would have been a much more confident dog than he is now. We have some problems with dog aggression on leash :( never mind! We'll get there I'm sure :)

I have recently bought a Jack Russell Terrier pup - don't worry I knew what I was in for ( we had JRTs when I was a child :lol:). She is called Alex and she is, of course, adorable! Her training is coming along BRILLIANTLY as I can put everything I've learned into practice from the start with her! We are using a clicker, and at 9 months she can sit, drop, beg, stand on her hind legs, walk on a loose lead, play hide and seek in the house, and get into her kennel when asked (brag complete :D) such a smart little cookie! We are having a challenge walking to heel at the moment, as I can't get low enough to treat her while still moving! :lol:
House training is still a work in progress, but most of the time she tries to tell me, and it is of course my fault for not listening when we have an accident!

I look forward to sharing our journey together, and thank you all for your patient advice and for this wonderful positive resource!
Ari_RR

Re: Hello from Australia!

Post by Ari_RR »

Great! Welcome abroad, looking forward to stories, pictures, and all!
dontpugme

Re: Hello from Australia!

Post by dontpugme »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :) Nice to “meet” you!
--dontpugme