freestarlady

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

freestarlady

freestarlady

Post by freestarlady »

Hi everyone, I am an owner of a 2yr young female staffy, who has loads of energy lol, i have 2 children, one teen daughter and a son of 7yrs, will post a pic of my dog (sasha). I am in need of some advice if anyone could help. Many thanks in advance! I have only had sasha for 4 days, so we are getting to know each other, she is well trained and brilliantly behaved (so far), the problem that i have come accross is she is very aggresive towards other dogs, she tries to bite them and will go for any dog she sees, in my experiance this indicates that in her short life she may have been attacked by another dog and as i have reseached, this could be a life long problem. I have bought a muzzle for her, but even with this on she still goes for dogs wich means iam very reluctant to let her off her lead at all. Could anyone please give me some advice on how to handle sasha when i take her out and is there any kind of training that i can do with her??? Thankyou. :)
dontpugme

Re: freestarlady

Post by dontpugme »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D

If you haven't already, you should post in the Dog Training Advice section of the forum. You will get more help and support there. Make sure you include her daily schedule and that kind of stuff (number of walks, what she eats, how often, any medical conditions or medication) You also might want to read some old posts from other members of this forum who had similar problems and are now super educated about what their dogs needed to be more confident.

Again, nice to "meet" you! :)
--dontpugme
Ari_RR

Re: freestarlady

Post by Ari_RR »

Hi there !

You may want to take a look at this thread -> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15283
A perfect dog in all respects... Except one - aggressive towards other dogs.

Welcome aboard!