traffic lunging

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Bonnie Patricia

traffic lunging

Post by Bonnie Patricia »

Hi everyone, My name is Bonnie and i have a 5and a half month old german shepherd male..
One day i was out walking him in heavy rain and a few cars went past and soaked him which i think as scared him but since then hes traffic lunging really bad.. hes getting strong and is pulling me towards the road.. He is going to training classes and my dog trainer as told me before he does lunge a quick check on his collar and tell him to leave which im trying to do but this doesnt seem to be working.. Is this the right thing to do with him as anyone else had the same problem.. would be grateful for any advice...Thank you..
dontpugme

Re: traffic lunging

Post by dontpugme »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D

Unfortunately, your current trainer will probably make your dog more scared of cars. Fortunately, you just joined one of the best places online to get humane dog training advice that will strengthen the relationship between you and your German Shepherd. I honestly suggest not going to this trainer anymore, but of course that is your decision. I don't know if I would exactly love paying someone to make my dog worse.

You should make a post in the Dog Training Advice section of the forum because you will get more help in the form of positive reinforcement training and support there! :D
--dontpugme
Bonnie Patricia

Re: traffic lunging

Post by Bonnie Patricia »

Thank you and ive posted in the training advice..