Firtst Dog Ive ever owned

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

poet1butterfly

Firtst Dog Ive ever owned

Post by poet1butterfly »

Hello, I am a mother of two. I am 30 years old and we just got our 1st puppy, She is a Boston terrier and a pit bull mix. She is 11 weeks old. She is so adorable. These past few nights reminds me of when i brought my babies home and I slept a few hrs a night. She slept a lot longer last night though.
I have been wanting a dog for a very very long time. I volunteer at the humane society and walk dogs when I can. I really just want to give her a good life as a dog, I have been doing so my research on raising puppies and its so much information. Just like being a mom, you take in the good info and give lots of love.
If anyone has any great advice for a 1st time owner, it will be appreciated. And also if you have the same mix breed or even one or the other and can tell me a little about their temperament that would be great.
Love this site, so glad I found it. :D
wvvdiup1

Re: Firtst Dog Ive ever owned

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hello and welcome to the forum, poet1butterfly! :D

Join in the conversations, and the more you talk about dogs, whether it be it your dog or any others, you sure will learn many things as a first-time dog owner! :wink: Many of us have been where you're at as far as owning our first dogs, but what we've learned from our experiences, we share here on the forum. :D

Again, welcome to the forum! :D Come join us! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
dontpugme

Re: Firtst Dog Ive ever owned

Post by dontpugme »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D Congratulations! Make sure to take lots of pictures because the puppy stage flies by so quickly.
--dontpugme