Metaphyseal Osteopathy! Help!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

katukas

Metaphyseal Osteopathy! Help!

Post by katukas »

Hi,

I am a new owner of Weimaraner girl called Bluebell. She in now 4.5 months old and was diagnosed with metaphyseal osteopathy when she was just 9 weeks. Since then we have had her on Metacam and she was doing really well until two and half weeks ago when she had another episode - she is not improving unfortunately. I had a really difficult conversation with our vet this morning, recommending to use steroids as a last attempt... as well as saying that the outlook is not very good! I have all my fingers and toes crossed that this will make my little girl better as it is so heartbreaking to watch her suffer like this :(((((.
Has anybody been through this and if so, what kind of treatment did your puppy / dog receive. Did it help? Any advice?

Any feedback/advice is much appreciated.

Many, many thanks.
Kat
wvvdiup1

Re: Metaphyseal Osteopathy! Help!

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hello Katukas and welcome to the forum! :D

I'm afraid I don't know that much about MO. However, if you post your question in the "Health, Diet, and Exercise" section, under "Dog Training," you may get more replies to your questions there from the "experts" there. :wink:

Again, welcome to the forum! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D
--dontpugme
katukas

Post by katukas »

Thank you very much for you welcome messages and helping me to post it to a wider audience. I am new to this forum thingy :D :D (at tender ages of 28... LOL) so no idea really how this all works! Thanks very much again, much appreciated!
katukas

Post by katukas »

Hi,

Metaphyseal Osteopathy is also know as Hypertrophic Osteodystrophy, so any advice on the topic would be most appreciated.

Many thanks
Kat