Greetings from Kentucky

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Benji88

Greetings from Kentucky

Post by Benji88 »

Hi, all. Ben here (or Benji, if you must...it is my username afterall!) from central Kentucky. I'm a real dog-lover and have been around them my whole life. Never once did I, in my childhood, not have a dog around. I grew up with our cocker spaniel, Artie, who I loved dearly, and when I was about four my parents started rescuing strays. Some of them where rehabilitated and adopted, but others just became our family pets! We would have anywhere between 10-20 dogs at a time! It was crazy, but I loved growing up with that. As soon as I got old enough to really learn about dogs, start understanding how they think and work on training methods, I immediately got to it and started working with our dogs.

After I left home for college, though, I put all this in the back of my mind. Unfortunately, college didn't work out for me and I've bounced around in different jobs for awhile. Now, I'm hoping to turn my love of dogs into a training career (and hopefully become part of the Positively Network!). I look forward to learning a bunch from all you knowledgeable people here. Thanks in advance for the warm welcome. :)
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." -Milan Kundera
Suzette

Re: Greetings from Kentucky

Post by Suzette »

Hi Ben - welcome! :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hi Ben and welcome to the forum! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
wickedhippy

Post by wickedhippy »

Hello Ben - welcome to the forum!! :)
"If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies" ~ Anonymous
Creator of the We Love Victoria Stilwell Fan Site http://victoriastilwellfans.webs.com/
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hello Ben and welcome to the forum! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown