Meet Randy!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

bradnsarah

Meet Randy!

Post by bradnsarah »

Hi.

We are Brad and Sarah but Brad is currently writing this :)

We just got our new dog a few days ago and decided to join this community after browsing around for a few days. We currently have one cat, Emily, who is 17 years old, and one dog, Randy, who is about a year old. Randy is a Boxer/Pit mix and Emily is... a cat.

We are excited to have Randy as the new addition to our home. We got him from the local Humane Association. Unfortunately, being at the Humane Association took a toll on his health so we are trying to get him fatter. He lost about 15lbs while he was in there which brought him down to 65lbs. He is a Boxer/Pitbull mix so I don't think it will be possible to actually make him fat since both breeds tend to build muscle by doing absolutely nothing. He was really stressed out from that experience and he is finally starting to relax and enjoy his new home. We got him on Friday so we are still getting to know each other. Since Friday we have discovered that he enjoys sleeping, snoring, walks, and sitting on a lap.... oh and drooling. We have to kind of fake him out when we feed him otherwise the waterworks start and it gets really slimy really fast. I just wipe whatever gets on me back on him... he doesn't seem to mind.... or notice.

Pics below :)

Yes, Sarah bought that Spiderman blanket just for him. He freaking loves it.

Ari_RR

Re: Meet Randy!

Post by Ari_RR »

Awesome guy ! Great ears ! Congrats on your new family member, welcome aboard.

Stick around, there is plenty of interesting info here, if any questions or concerns - ask, ask, and our experienced folks will help out with great advice. Share pictures, stories... Perhaps you may even get convinced to loose that chain collar at some point :wink:
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Hey and welcome to the forum! :D

I remember my dad getting my pug a children's spiderman sleeping bag. We quickly replaced it with a pug sized blanket after tripping on it when he dragged it into the middle of the tile kitchen. :lol:
--dontpugme
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hi Brad and Sarah and welcome to the forum! :D I had to laugh when after described your dog, you said "We currently have one cat, Emily, who is 17 years old, and one dog, Randy, who is about a year old. Randy is a Boxer/Pit mix and Emily is... a cat." I'm like you, for as long as I've been around cats, I still can't remember their breeds as I do dogs! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
CoolDog

Post by CoolDog »

Hi and welcome aboard, Brad and Sarah! :D