Greetings from Dolly the Great Dane's Person

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

DollysPerson

Greetings from Dolly the Great Dane's Person

Post by DollysPerson »

Hi, I recently adopted my first dog, a Great Dane. My fiancé has had two GDs. Dolly was born 21 Jan 2011 in Alabama, USA and lives with us now in Louisiana. We love her. The first few days since we brought her home have been stressful but she is getting used to us and our two cats--Julia and her kitten, Chili--and we are getting use to her.

I hope to find support and tips on how to raise a happy, healthy dog!
wvvdiup1

Re: Greetings from Dolly the Great Dane's Person

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hello and welcome to the forums, DollysPerson! :D I can't wait to see pictures of your Great Dane! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
CoolDog

Post by CoolDog »

Hello and welcome aboard the forums! Congratulations for adopting your first dog and I can't wait to see pictures of your Great Dane! :D I LOVE Great Danes! :D
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)
--dontpugme
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

Welcome! I have a very fond memory of my daughter, age 4 at the time, walking up to a man in Petsmart that had a very large, beautiful harlequin Great Dane and politely asking if she could pet his dog. The man stared at her astounded for a moment as the dog's head was higher than my daughter's and everyone else in the store was walking widely around this intimidating looking dog. The guy smiled and said sure, that his dog loved people, especially children and it pleased him so much that she wanted to pet him when so many others were put off by his shear size. The dog was as sweet as could be and loved the gentle attention my daughter gave him. :D

I hope you'll post a picture of your Dane. I think they are beautiful, lovely dogs.
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11