Hello from Texas & from Toby, Ellie & new pup

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

grnbutterfly17

Hello from Texas & from Toby, Ellie & new pup

Post by grnbutterfly17 »

Hi everyone! I'm Trina -the pack leader of my dogs ;) My pack consists of 2 Shih Tzu & the newest Shih Tzu/Maltese mix :wink: OOPS! better not forget our 2 cats Biddy & Knives
The Dogs :) Toby! White & Tan Shih Tzu: Our eldest & the alpha of the animals --hubby & I adopted him from the Denver Dumb Friends League (I HIGHLY recommend them for anybody that lives in Colorado) Anyway, Toby was 5 when we adopted him--not sure of his previous upbringing he had no training & much later found out he was probably abandoned because he is not good with children. However he is the "first child" of hubby & me. Now he is 15, amazingly smart & although slower now because of age -the "confuscious" of our animals, somehow he shows the others how it is, he calms them all somehow- cat & dog alike. Although he does get crabby with them now every once in a while. :D
Then there's Ellie!! Tan Shih Tzu: Our almost 5 year old, the smartest, the peacemaker, the lover, & the female of our dogs. I never met an animal that steps between 2 of our pets & actually diffuses a scrap about to happen. We took her through "PetsMart training" because as a pup she was HYPER. The training certainly helped her to settle & be more secure in our home....probably the cutest Shih Tzu EVER too! And she loves her "Sid" plush toy. :D
NOW we took in our newest pack member from a woman who unfortunately should not have let her dog have a litter of pups because we acquired him never groomed (almost 8 months) & insecure (for now). We haven't really pegged his name yet because he responds to both Toto (because he is NOT in Kansas anymore) and Lil Ninja (hubby calls him). But so far I think he's Lil Ninja. He's a black Shih Tzu/Maltese. So far the dogs have taken him in & playing has been established. He bonds well with all the family really---so far a diamond that just needs polshing. I've already figured he had definitely bad experiences from the previous owner/breeder. Poor thing! But like I said he's gonna be a gem--I can tell. :D

We all live in Texas & have a big yard with a park 1/2 mile down road & a dog park on the edge of town. I've started with Lil Ninja in basic training--my biggest hurdle is the other dogs wanna do all the training too---well they remember obviously that with training comes treats! and extra loves from mommy!

So I'll keep everyone posted on Ninja's training because I'm sure I'll have them! Hopefully will hear from everyone too!
minkee

Re: Hello from Texas & from Toby, Ellie & new pup

Post by minkee »

Ninja and Knives, what a team they could make :lol:

Welcome to the forum!
ImageImage
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)
--dontpugme
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hello and welcome to the forums! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
grnbutterfly17

Post by grnbutterfly17 »

Knives Chau (from Scott Pilgrim vs the world)
That cat is soooo sweet, shes a scaredy but I would be too if a car hit me n I had my ear partially ripped(sewn back though), my face lacerated & the lady that did it told the animal control vet to put me down. The vet said no and along came me and took her home.

Ellie thinks the cats are hers, kinda like how Toby is protective of Ellie. Sometimes I wonder oh my goodness what was I thinking?! But am always glad because they all get along surprisingly well.