Hello from the Beagle Lady

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Melanie

Hello from the Beagle Lady

Post by Melanie »

Hi all!

My name is Melanie and I am known as the Beagle lady around these parts of Connecticut. I have 6 beagles in residence and a golden/cocker mix of some sort. I also foster and transport Beagles for a beagle rescue and help to train beagles and other dogs for people. All of my dogs are handicapped, mainly from abuse and so I have adopted training methods which are unique to them. We are certainly an interesting pack, but it is full of love and I wouldn't trade a single one of them.

We have been using many of the positive reinforcement methods to varying degrees of success along the way. Our biggest successes are one on one, and we still need to work on the 'pack mentality'. It seems when they all get together they lose thier concentration and feed of each other, and with so many, getting the focus back is not so easy!

I look forward to cruising the boards and learning more, and I also want to be able to share anything that I can with others as I have dogs that are or have been blind, deaf, shot, lit on fire, stomped on, neurological damage, feral, and just about whatever else you can imagine done to them, and yet they can still love, be loved and be trained to live a happy and furfilled life. It really is an amazing thing.
dontpugme

Re: Hello from the Beagle Lady

Post by dontpugme »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :) Image
--dontpugme
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hello and welcome to the forums, Melanie! :D Image
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
jakesmom

Post by jakesmom »

Hi and welcome Melanie. :)

You sound like a lovely lady and should certainly be able to bring some experience to the forums.
SmallBarkBigBite

Post by SmallBarkBigBite »

Hi and welcome, I'm quite new myself. :D
Melanie

Post by Melanie »

Thank you for all the welcome messages! I hope to contribute where ever I can. I certainly know I have alot to learn, and am excited to try new methods of training.