Hello from upstate NY

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Loralee

Hello from upstate NY

Post by Loralee »

Hi, my name is Loralee.

I'm currently a stay at home mom of four kids ages 8 to 13, and we just welcomed our first dog into our family. Her name is Molly Rose or Molly for short, and she's now 13 weeks old. She's a mix, her mom is a Lab/Rottie mix, and her dad was a Shar Pei. We got her on Sunday, and it's been good week with her so far. I don't feel as anxious anymore about having her, but I still have my moments wanting to make sure we made the right decision to bring a dog in to our lives for us and for her. We did all the research and I have Victoria's book, and I knew what I was getting into, but books and reading can't really prepare you for reality. lol I find I feel a lot like I did when I brought home my first child, but everyday I feel a little surer that this was the right decision for us. She's really is a sweet girl, house training has been really good so far, she seems to love her crate, and she's been sleeping through the night for us. She's getting a bit more adventurous with the house, and outdoors. She loved the warm weather we had the last two days, the flying leaves were her favorite. :)

I'm so glad I found this forum, I love Victoria's show and her book and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Thanks!

Loralee
Molly Rose
nightsrainfall

Re: Hello from upstate NY

Post by nightsrainfall »

Welcome to the board, Loralee. I really like shar peis and rotties, plus labs are generally neat dogs, so I'm sure she is a sweet girl.

Hope it continues to go well for you!
- Anna

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~ Roger A. Caras
hellogoodfriiend

Post by hellogoodfriiend »

Hello there! and welcome!!! Can't wait to begin chatting with you!
<3 teresa (:

"Happiness is a warm puppy" ~ Charles M. Schulz
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D
--dontpugme
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hello Loralee and welcome to the forum! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Loralee

Post by Loralee »

Thanks for the welcome! I'm so glad to find this site, I think it's wonderful to have a place to go to, to ask questions and get advice and support for our pups.
Molly Rose
CoolDog

Post by CoolDog »

Awwwww, what a cute "baby"! :D :lol: Just look at that face, that facial expression! :D :lol:

Hi and welcome aboard! :D