Hi everybody!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Najiwench

Hi everybody!

Post by Najiwench »

My name is Jami. I've been registered here for a while but never posted.

I have owned dogs all my life, but never did much as far as training. Currently, we own a 14 year old Basset cross named Lucy. She was a rescue, was 5 years old when we got her about 9 years ago. We hit the rescue lotto with her, I couldn't have asked for a better dog. It really makes me sad that we have more years behind us than we do in front of us with her, but she's going strong and you'd never guess her age! Her vet says she acts more like a 5 year old, which makes me quite happy!

I am a Navy wife, my husband is a weather guy in the Navy. He isn't much of an animal person, which is good because he keeps me in check. We've been in for 14 years, and he is going for career. We are currently in California.

I have four children, three girls ages 14, 10, 8 and my son is 3. My oldest daughter had a brief stint as a dog walker but the customer we had was a bit dog aggressive and I didn't feel confident enough or comfortable walking her without better training behind her. She was a lab/pit cross and was a real sweetheart, she just had a lot of fear (she was also quite young, so insecurities had a big part). Her partner was an older pit bull who was a total love bug.

We also have two cats, they rule the roost and have all of us firmly in control. Along with our fish, we have quite the zoo!

Nice to meet you all!
dontpugme

Re: Hi everybody!

Post by dontpugme »

Hi! Looking forward to chatting with you! :D
--dontpugme
nightsrainfall

Post by nightsrainfall »

Welcome! And nice to *meet* you.
- Anna

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
~ Roger A. Caras
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hello and welcome to the forums, Jami! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
wickedhippy

Post by wickedhippy »

Hi Jami! Welcome!
"If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies" ~ Anonymous
Creator of the We Love Victoria Stilwell Fan Site http://victoriastilwellfans.webs.com/
CoolDog

Post by CoolDog »

Hi and welcome aboard! :D