who needs interactive toys???

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

dontpugme

who needs interactive toys???

Post by dontpugme »

I fed max with his kong tonight. I'm gonna miss him over the summer. We're leaving him with relatives for a month. My mom's coming back earlier than i am to return to work and pick up max. That means i wont see him after tonight for about 6 weeks! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Who needs to spend money on an interactive toy when you have stairs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTabHOVoXjk
--dontpugme
Doglover42

Re: who needs interactive toys???

Post by Doglover42 »

aaw thats so funny and cute!!!!!!!!
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Thank you. We just dropped him off at relatives house. I keep getting the urge to call out his name so he can play with his squeaky bone or practice some obedience command. We haven't left him for so long for 2 years, when i didn't really know about positive training. I used to yell and spank because i didn't know there was another way. Then i discovered IMOTD and everything changed, for me anyway. My dad thinks positive reinforcement is a joke. (not gonna talk about that right now) I really think positive training changed our relationship for the better. I'm just telling myself that we didn't leave him there so we could go on vacation, but that we left him there so he could have a vacation. The family has a lot of kids that max loves. I actually trust him more with kids than dogs (don't worry the kids will always be supervised). We also got him his favorite kind of dog food. (he prefers lamb). Wish me luck on the 14-16 hour flight. (great) :?
--dontpugme
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I think I'd go insane if I couldn't see or pet my dog Karma for a month to six weeks, Dontpugme! :(
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Oh, poor you :( I'm sure Max is fine & happy...it's just you having a little seperation anxiety. I am the same when I have to leave Stirker & Bibi at friends / family when we go on holiday.
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Isn't he scrumptious! :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

dontpugme wrote:Thank you. We just dropped him off at relatives house. I keep getting the urge to call out his name so he can play with his squeaky bone or practice some obedience command. We haven't left him for so long for 2 years, when i didn't really know about positive training. I used to yell and spank because i didn't know there was another way. Then i discovered IMOTD and everything changed, for me anyway. My dad thinks positive reinforcement is a joke. (not gonna talk about that right now) I really think positive training changed our relationship for the better. I'm just telling myself that we didn't leave him there so we could go on vacation, but that we left him there so he could have a vacation. The family has a lot of kids that max loves. I actually trust him more with kids than dogs (don't worry the kids will always be supervised). We also got him his favorite kind of dog food. (he prefers lamb). Wish me luck on the 14-16 hour flight. (great) :?
Aww I'm so sorry :( I know you must be missing him so so much
Trust me my dad thinks positive reinforcement is a joke too its so sad :(
Yes! PR helps bond with your dog in the right way :D
Max will be fine with the kids but he must miss you lots too!! You're surely his best friend <3
:lol: he'll be happy with the food too!
Don't worry it'll be fine and good luck on your flight!!