Mary Clare's Beagles

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

tillyny

Mary Clare's Beagles

Post by tillyny »

[attachment=2]Trevor_small.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]Pete_small.jpg[/attachment]These are my fur-babies (well, for as much "fur" as beagles actually have).

Trevor was our first, adopted in July 2004 from a (relatively) local humane society. He's 10 and definitely the "alpha" of the pack, although he is very laid-back.

About a year later, we adopted Pete from a beagle rescue group that I became a volunteer for almost immediately after adopting him. He's going on 13 and is still a very active squirrel/chipmunk hunter -- especially at 6am -- and has taught every subsequent dog that we've had, as either an adoptee or a foster, the finer points of hunting in the back yard.

Charlie was our "foster failure" and is Trevor's absolute shadow and "annoying little brother". He is the baby at 4 years old and is the one to always engage my foster babies in play.

These are the three beagles that own us...I will also post about the foster beagle I had that most touched my heart (and the hearts of everyone who met her or read her story).

Mary Clare Springer
Beagles of New England States (B.O.N.E.S.)
http://www.bonesbeagles.org
Attachments
Charlie
Charlie
Charlie_small.jpg (33.05 KiB) Viewed 1779 times
Pete
Pete
Pete_small.jpg (86.78 KiB) Viewed 1779 times
Trevor
Trevor
Trevor_small.jpg (73.49 KiB) Viewed 1779 times