Blue Pool and Tyneham

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JudyN

Blue Pool and Tyneham

Post by JudyN »

Jasper's beloved Granny is with us at the moment, so yesterday we had a day out at Blue Pool (a disused clay pit where the particles of clay make the water a beautiful blue/turquoise) and Tyneham (a village that was evacuated in WWII for military practice and which was never returned to the former occupants) in the Purbecks. I managed to forget Jasper's muzzle :oops: but he had to be on lead all the time (dogs aren't allowed off lead at Blue Pool and I wouldn't have wanted him off lead while poking around old buildings where he could bump into a child with an ice cream round any corner). The only realistic concerns would be a child running up to him and scaring him, or a young unneutered dog bouncing on him and him redirecting onto me - but it was pretty quiet everywhere so I was happy I could deflect trouble before it became a problem - and he didn't put a foot wrong the whole day :D And of course, it made for better photo opportunities :D

He does like to keep his eye on his Granny - if she walks a few feet away from us he has to catch up with her and on one occasion he gave her a prod with her nose - I think he was trying to remind her that she mustn't wander off on her own :lol: He also acts as her alarm clock - if she so much as rolls over after 7am he howls outside her room until she finally surfaces so he can say hello :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Ari_RR

Re: Blue Pool and Tyneham

Post by Ari_RR »

:lol:
Nice!!

I almost missed it though... Thought whatever this thing is ("blue pool and tyneham") - I am not interested.
Sanna

Post by Sanna »

Wow that looks stunning! And Jasper always is of course ;) They do like their grannies don't they, P adores his grandmama too..
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Beautiful place! love the pics :D Jas is so handsome as always!
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

What a beautiful place!! And Jasper is a stunner, as always! :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11