Rembering Chloe

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ckranz

Rembering Chloe

Post by ckranz »

One of the greatest things I did with Chloe was making each day count towards the end. Her favorite place was the beach so every friday became fiesta friday and we would go and play on the beach.

DM is a horrendous condition which is similar to ALS. The nerve condition in the spine is slowly lost leading to paralysis of the hind legs then the front legs and finally the diaphragm.

In spite of her condition she really had the I can do it spirit.

She got up on the rock by herself !!

She would even climb mountains with me. note her hind paws in this shot. The knuckling over is common in the early to mid stages of the disease.

The beautiful mermaid

These were all taken in the last 3 months. Dogs with DM typically live about 8-9 months after diagnosis. Chloe lived about 1.5 years. In those last 3 months I shot nearly 600 photos of Chloe and in the weeks following her crossing the bridge, I took much comfort in those photos. We spent our last days happy, fulfilled and chasing our dreams. She worked nearly 9 years as a Pet Assisted Therapy Dogs specializing in working with the developmentally disabled. She saw about 5000 patients in her 864 hours of service.

Even on her final day we spent that day enjoying her favorite beech, rolling in seaweed and being together. She is forever in my heart.
jodieohdoh

Re: Rembering Chloe

Post by jodieohdoh »

She was a beautiful dog. I feel for you.
JudyN

Re: Rembering Chloe

Post by JudyN »

Gorgeous dog, and lucky to be so loved.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009