Our dogs meeting up

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ClareMarsh

Our dogs meeting up

Post by ClareMarsh »

Inspired by the which dog would you like to spend the day with thread, which was inspired by the heart breed thread (you're following right :lol: ) I thought it would be nice to have a thread for photos when we have managed to meet up with our dogs. I know we post them as we go but I thought it would be nice to see them all together here.

I love seeing dogs that we see separate photos of all the time, together, it's kind of a strange feeling of it looking wrong but right :lol:

Jasper and Ted

Poppy and Ted

Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
DianeLDL

Re: Our dogs meeting up

Post by DianeLDL »

Clare,

I love the last photo! It looks like Poppy is daring Ted to cross the line :lol: :lol:

Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09
bendog

Post by bendog »

Couple more of poppy & Ted

And Pop, Ben & Charlie with Scout & Breeze

Poppy loved chasing Breeze!
Sweetie's Human

Post by Sweetie's Human »

These photos are lovely. I think I may be the only Aussie on here so I'll never be adding photos to this thread!
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

Sweetie's Human wrote:These photos are lovely. I think I may be the only Aussie on here so I'll never be adding photos to this thread!
I had no idea you were Aussie. Great to know. :D

Well, most of us here in the US are thousand miles away, too. And Sandy wouldn't know how to play well with others. :mrgreen:

So don't feel too left out. :D

And Swanny has enough dogs to make up for all of us. And I doubt any of us will end up in Alaska, either. :D

Diane
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I feel impossibly far away from the members in the north of England, but I expect US and Aussie members would regard them as being a short car drive away :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

the UK is 94 thousand square miles, California is 163,000 square miles. As small as the UK is, I don't understand why all the UK members here aren't having regular get together :lol:
minkee

Post by minkee »

Probably because half our dogs are anti-social beings, and for the other half the owners are anti-social beings too :D
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

jacksdad wrote:the UK is 94 thousand square miles, California is 163,000 square miles. As small as the UK is, I don't understand why all the UK members here aren't having regular get together :lol:
Two of OH's cousins (sisters) live in California. I couldn't understand why they didn't see each other at all often till I realised just how far apart they live :oops:

It seems most UK forum members live up north. Unfortunately, so do an awful lot of sheep, and I'm not sure I'd ever be able to let Jasper off lead up there!
bendog

Post by bendog »

Come to liverpool Judy :) hardly any sheep and lots of beaches (not as nice as yours but better than nothing!)
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

bendog wrote:Come to liverpool Judy :) hardly any sheep and lots of beaches (not as nice as yours but better than nothing!)
Judy,
Why not? It is only about a 5 hour drive, 263 miles. That is nothing. If we were to drive to see Jacksdad who is near my parents it would be 1200 miles one way or three nights on the road with Sandy! :D
And it is about miles to San Diego, California from Albuquerque.

And depending on where Erica is in North Carolina, it would be about 1600-1700 miles from Albuquerque. New Mexico.

So, Judy,traveling to Liverpool is a walk in the park. :wink:

But, from where you are located Judy, it looks like the others would want to visit you. :wink:

Diane
lucyandbella

Post by lucyandbella »

minkee wrote:Probably because half our dogs are anti-social beings, and for the other half the owners are anti-social beings too :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

DianeLDL wrote:Judy,
Why not? It is only about a 5 hour drive, 263 miles. That is nothing.
As someone said on the forum a while back, the difference between Brits & Americans is that Brits think 200 miles is a long way and Americans think 200 years is a long time, and it's very true :lol:

Maybe we just know each other's dogs so well we can imagine what would happen: Poppy would boss everyone around,Ted would behave perfectly but Clare would turn scary if anyone's dog bounced on him, Jasper would steal everyone's lunch and rip Breeze's whatsits off to save Minkee making the decision of if/when to neuter, Womble would sink his teeth into someone's ankle and not let go, everyone else's dogs would hide in terror, I would rip my clothes off and jump into a lake, and then all the humans would hide in terror..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But if any brave soul did want to holiday on the south coast, I would love to meet them!
Last edited by JudyN on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

JudyN wrote:I would rip my clothes of and jump into a lake
Is this a coping mechanism Judy :lol: (The original story might be worth telling at this point for the newer members).
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
Erica

Post by Erica »

Maybe we just know each other's dogs so well we can imagine what would happen: Poppy would boss everyone around,Ted would behave perfectly but Clare would turn scary if anyone's dog bounced on him, Jasper would steal everyone's lunch and rip Breeze's whatsits off to save Minkee making the decision of if/when to neuter, Womble would sink his teeth into someone's ankle and not let go, everyone else's dogs would hide in terror, I would rip my clothes off and jump into a lake, and then all the humans would hide in terror..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: Someone would have to get it on film for those of us stuck across the pond.

I just looked it up, and from Albuquerque to my town is 1,728 miles, or 26 hours of driving straight. It is just driving I-40 the entire time, though! North Carolina itself is a bit larger than all of England. (I'm located very near the capital city of NC, Raleigh.)

A five hour drive is nothing to sneeze at, but it's not unheard of. :) My sister and I were considering doing the 9-hour drive to Florida. (We still haven't made that trip. Mostly we want to go to Harry Potter World but why go to Orlando and not go to Disney World?)

Another thing to remember is that petrol in the UK is way more expensive than gas is over here.

Liverpool was great, and the beach that we went to was wonderful as well. (My favorite part of it, in comparison to the beaches I'm used to, was dogs being allowed off-leash and the fact that the sand wasn't burning hot! You can get burns walking barefoot on our beaches some days.)

Meeting Amy, Clare, Ted, Ben, Charlie, Sasha, Poppy and Molly was a very great experience. :D I was so happy to get that chance (even if I messed up the first day :oops: London is a whole lot bigger than I was expecting!).
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14